Unwanted noise being added to mixes when mastering ..

Jaiz

For some reason, whenever I make an attempt to master a track, this noise is added to it. I don't know how to identify the noise with a specific label, but I'm guessing it's like a hiss kind of noise. It isn't noticeable when all instruments are playing in the mix, but when there are spots when the music isn't as prominent, you can hear the hiss. The hiss is at it's worse when the beat fades out. or after an abrupt end. It's supposed to be silence. Does anyone know how I could fix this? I use free plugins along with Izotope 4 and waves plugins. One or more plugins are obviously adding that noise. I attached a very brief clip of the very end of this track I've been trying to master. Listen to added noise at the end.

Attachments

• Ending Noise.mp3
    396.6 KB · Views: 23
Subtractive EQ your high hats.. Bandpass sweep a notch till it goes away. I think its coming from the high hats. Honestly I couldn't even hear a hiss.
The only 2 things i heard that you could be talking about are the reverb or the 'liveliness' of the high hat, but you can EQ that out. Thats in the mix, not mastering.

Would any of the Waves plugins happen to be of the analog modeling series? Because I'm pretty sure they all add noise, but it can be turned off as well.

And yes, there clearly is noise in the end.

I'm hearing the noise too. It's certainly not dither because it's way too loud. I agree it's one of your plugins causing it.

only things i could think of are either one of your samples has a long tale or your mic is plugged in and on. you can put a noise gate on it.

oh sh*t I didn't even listen to the end. When you said the beat fades out for some reason I was listening for the sparse spots in between the rhythm. I wasnt even listening in the right spot, that explains it lol.

Back