Trying to follow this Ableton Sampler tut. in Kontakt.....

CowboyClyde

Hey all,

I've been trying to figure out the cashmere cat vocal bending technique for months now....
Some guy made an awesome tutorial in Abelton's Sampler but I use Logic so I'm trying to mimic the effect in Kontakt.
I'm struggling hard....

I posted to the Native-Instruments Forum but no one is responding...If there is anyone out there that is a Kontakt god and can possibly help me out, I will love you forever. Here is a link to the original post: (Posted a link because it would take me forever to re-type the post here and for some reason, when I copy paste posts, the font isnt visible cuz of the reverse colors used on this forum)

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/trying-to-mimic-this-ableton-tut-in-kontakt-5.257531/

ANY HELP WOULD BE AMAZING! thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
fixed! - you had color tags with a colour code that was a darkish grey (color=#303030) I removed both sides of the tag and restored the default font for your theme (default or white grey or mobile)

Note sliding is a thing some daws have for pitch. Ableton and fl studio have a piano roll where you can shift octaves slowly just by adding slide notes, not sure if the others have that, those rely on pitchbend wheels and automation if I'm not mistaken.
Not sure if s1/reason/cubase/reaper/podium etc but I hope to god they do, would be a very nice alternative to glide for exact control over that type of stuff. Eh...Glissiano I think they call it that glissanio.

Last edited:
yes glissando is correct kkk also called glide or portamento

in this case, slow evolving pitch gliding is known as portamento; glissando is usually used to describe short quick glides

I feel like skipping going past learning beginner level in piano and just learn all the symbols of sheet music tbh bandcoach :/
Musescore is a crutch that honestly, I'm willing to compromise on.

Back