Is it too late to become a major impact in the music industry?

Age has no relevance to producing, as long as your making shit people want to hear!

wait till i know what I'm doing i got so much to bring back :) i jus got to give it the vibe...... i know class tunes..... i should be scary if i ever perfect this world....... knowledge is power

Dude if you were in NYC we could work. I just turned 28. I started at 21. On and off. And I love your outlook... because sometimes I even question if I should be doing this... Truthfully, music is probably my calling and it'd be tragic if I miss it because of the ignorance of people that discourage me.

Dude if you were in NYC we could work. I just turned 28. I started at 21. On and off. And I love your outlook... because sometimes I even question if I should be doing this... Truthfully, music is probably my calling and it'd be tragic if I miss it because of the ignorance of people that discourage me.

I'm not discouraged by the fact that i am 18, but i just want to understand the reality and actualization of making it at this age compared to someone that is so much younger. All in all, i believe if you put in enough hours, dedication, and networking than the next guy, nothing is impossible.

I need much more practice yet, I'm at the very tip of the iceberg of what's to be learnt but distance is nothing with internet.... working together is not impossible... I will be definitely looking for at least one co-producer. I take inspiration from the Swedish house Mafia which there are 3 of them. And 2 heads are better that one, I'm open minded, realistic and know there's something another mind could point out and lead to icing on the icing.

The Age thing in the industry is all marketing man. Don't let the illusions distract you, just keep doing what you're doing.

Follow Your Dream Dont worry about Your Age...Age is Just a number

Right now I'm open to collab. I've been in a rut but I'm fed up with the politics of government and the politics of life. I'm like 80-90% ready to get back into the music and create audible meaning. Music is meaning, people abuse it way too much. I'm about to start getting back into lyrics and invest real thought into the words. Working with someone else would give that sense of urgency of completion of projects, experiments in sound.

I think if you want to be an interpreter and sing other people songs without doing anything you must be under 25 but if you are composing, producing, performing and you have really good song there's no age limit to get success. Maybe it will be more difficult the older you are but its possible specially now with the internet and YouTube. If one of your song goes viral the job is done. As for being a producer I fairly believe you can achieve success at any age.

Last edited:
When I read your question, I think that you want to get famous which is only possible at a young age. Of course I can be wrong and please correct me if I am wrong. I would say that if you like to make music, just do it. Age will not matter. Maybe not a perfect example but what you actually ask is the same as asking if the age is "right" to start a hobby with building model planes. If you really like music, then the age does not matter at all!

Last edited:
When I read your question, I think that you want to get famous which is only possible at a young age. Of course I can be wrong and please correct me if I am wrong. I would say that if you like to make music, just do it. Age will not matter. Maybe not a perfect example but what you actually ask is the same as asking if the age is "right" to start a hobby with building model planes. If you really like music, then the age does not matter at all!

fame is a dumb thing to chase, but Guetta didn't blow up til he was near 40.

Manuel Seal jr got signed at 33

a guy here in Australia "blew up" last year on the international house/rave circuit at the age of 64 - so no there is no limit as to when you can become popular

Age has nothing to do with it. As a producer you can break at the age of 70. If your songs/productions are that good.
Noone asks for a songwriters/producers age before putting what they think will become a hit single on their release.

Being an artist is a different ballgame but hey you´re only 18. Still got time to hit that train too.

Best of luck.

Fame can come at any age but if you're in it for the money and not the love and art of it then age may
become a factor,as you get older.Thinking 18 is too old is crazy though.I've been rhyming for most of
my life and producing off and on for a long time now.I could care less about the fame and money
though,i'll be on my death bed with my MPC by my side and i plan to be buried with it.

Peace

If your making music just for the sake of fame you'd probably get over it before you ever became an impact on anything.

Age means nothing, the fact that you're even questioning this, shows you're lack of interest and that your head is in the wrong space. You can do whatever you want anytime. A lot of these kids make beats but the real heavy hitters behind the scenes are grown men.

And you're 18? wtf? you're still a baby you're good don't worry.

Also don't just learn for yourself, if you have a kid someday; you can show him and raise him with all your expierence, start him young. I too feel I'm to old ot get into the music game, but having a 3 year old that can already play simple notes to a rhymth on a piano because he watches me play; and he wants to get involved; SHIT, my son will be justin beiber rich

Back