Time?

A year ago I would have slept until noon or later. But for the last few months when I've gotten serious I've been setting my alarm every morning for 8 or 9am then I do SOMETHING audio related until I have to goto school at noon, usually Groove3 taking notes or forums/researching online. Then I'm learning about it in school for 5 hours. Then I come back home and hop on groove3 again. Or work on projects, etc.. Either way my entire day revolves around audio/learning more about it.. thats how I want it to be.

It makes me feel bad if I'm not not doing something audio related, even if its just looking at forums in my downtime between studying. As long as I'm always doing something where i can learn something i feel ok about it. I don't even goto the gym or run anymore, which is huge for me; and I do wanna get back into that though. But its all paying off, I have learnt SOO much in the last 3-4 months. Thinking back a couple months I didnt even know what a limiter was haha.

Every now and then i will take a break and watch a movie or something shorter to get my mind off of everything. But thats also beneficial to learning more because it refreshes my mind and lets me get back to it in about an hour or so and able to go for another few hours. So yah, pretty much everything I do revolves around learning more. Usually if I'm too burnt out from studying I can just smoke a quick bowl too and it pretty much resets my whole brain to start again like I haven't just been taking notes for the last 6 hours haha.

I DO WORK TOO, for anyone wondering where that all fits in. But Its not my focus this year, this year is school. I just work cash jobs on craigslist whenever I need money, its easy to find them here and they pay better then any other job I could get as a student. Plus i have a steady stream of people calling me now for work that I have worked with in the past(no i don't sell drugs, yes i realize it sounds like that haha). It all works good. I choose when I wanna work and I have all the time I need to keep learning more about engineering.

So for a short answer to your question, I don't really stop. At least not yet, I realize I'm still new to all this and maybe ill slow down eventually, but it doesnt look like that anytime soon. Im kind of in a race against time as far as I'm concerned. I wanna start interning in a studio next semester (within the next few months) so I wanna get all the fundamental technical learning out of the way ASAP because once i start interning too I won't have a lot of time for the studying that I do now, so i want a solid grasp on everything before then. And theres just SOO MUCH TO LEARN when you're just starting out.

Last edited:
Wow tight schedule seems like it atleast. & Ive just started to set my alarm tomorrow will be the first day of this new expiriment & i feel you about the race against time ill be a junior in high school this year so basically when i get home from school & do thia bs homework im on to fl or somewhere to watch tutorials. Idk if you remember me from awhile back when i would post like constantly, lol you kinda pushed me to actually work. So thanks for that. & how much do those cash jobs pay

Wow tight schedule seems like it atleast. & Ive just started to set my alarm tomorrow will be the first day of this new expiriment & i feel you about the race against time ill be a junior in high school this year so basically when i get home from school & do thia bs homework im on to fl or somewhere to watch tutorials. Idk if you remember me from awhile back when i would post like constantly, lol you kinda pushed me to actually work. So thanks for that. & how much do those cash jobs pay

A.)Its not really a schedule at all, its just how I go about the day. I don't plan it, i just always make sure I'm doing something. I know enough in my head to know if I'm doing something productive or not

b.)how have you been going to high school and not setting your alarm? Or do you mean your about to start school again? Must be because its summer I guess, whoops, forgot about that. Anyway, Whats your routine like RIGHT NOW since you aren't in school? I don't wanna hear about what you think its gonna be like, or what you plan on it being like. I wanna know about how much you're applying yourself RIGHT now without these 'maybes' talking about the future :cool:

3.)yes I remember who you are, which is why I'm a little suspicious that you're still talking about how busy your routine WILL be later once school starts up. Im curious as to what you've been doing for these last couple months. You should have some stories for me. Why are you still talking about the future haha. You told me you had already started a couple months ago before.

With all that being said, you're still young so don't stress about it. But with THAT being said, I wish I would have started when I was younger. I knew i wanted to, i just never did.

Last edited:
Yep its summer & i just got back from a cruise maybe 2 weeks ago & ever since the i do 2 things through out the day. I go outside & skate around my neighboehood for a couple hours juat to get some exercise in & then ill come home shower & get on fl but im very easliy distracted. Not a valid
excuse if this is something i really want. & Thats mostly it pretty much!

& how much do those cash jobs pay
forgot to answer this.

I wouldnt recommend planning to do cash jobs later haha. Only reason I am is because I was working a lot before and saved up money to live while going to school this year. So I still do some cash jobs here and there. Works perfect for when I'm in school. But I'm not gonna keep doing that after school.

You still have like 4 years left of high school though. You can learn all this stuff before you're even out of there.

Last edited:
Back