three 6 mafia bass lines

infamous19

how do u make basslines like the ones three 6 mafia uses in most of their songs like in: late nite tip, stay fly, and other songs like EIGHTBALL AND MJG's - MR. BIG also has a bassline like that oh and especially TWISTA's Adrenaline Rush song has the type of bassline i wanna make wit FL STUDIO i've noticed a lot of southern producers use those type of basslines how do they make them sound clean and bump like that? i'm using FL STUDIO how can i pull it off like that with fruity loops to make a beat wit those kind of basslines can anybody help me?

I haven't used FL Studio in a while, everysince I got reason and haven't gone back..but if I can remember how they sound yuo might be able to use the fruity slayer (guitar)..use a very deep octave and then layer that with the boo bass, you'd have to tweak them to get them to sound right but that is a starting place..

Man I used to bump the **** outta triple six! That **** knocks! I wish I could have a more specific answer for you, but all I can suggest is analyzing the track yourself. Playin' around with the EQ's, like turnin' everything but the bass down... Hell, try turning the BASS down! See what frequency it becomes inaudible at. See if it's easy to pinpoint, or if there's some harmonics to it... Like, are there sounds at different frequencies that accompany it to make it sound fatter? Does it have distinguishing aspects to it, like it was handmade in layers, or does it sound like something straight off a synth? Take something that sounds like a good starting point for recreating it, like a smooth kick with a long, strong decay. What does it need? A tighter attack? Fix it! Some pitch bending? Fix it! At the very least you'll come up with something unique, that you made yourself!

I don't use FL, so I can't help you there...

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for, but unless this is one of those <1% times when someone knows the exact answer, this could very well be the best advice you're gonna get here (not counting sirflex, who was quite specific with his theory ;) ). Not that I'm a fsckin pro or anything, but in my experience these questions always seem to turn into 'find your own sound' -vs- 'so and so sampled so and so, and made a hit!' flamewars.

Anyway, I think I'll pop that CD in tomorrow on the way to work... If I have any thoughts, I'll track this post down...

I have no clue, but I've been trying to create a sick bassline like that for about a month, and I can't get it right. I use FL as well. I've tried to use hypersonic and the Organ sound I forget what it's called O3sc or something like that. My basslines never bump the way that those do.

Every time I want to impress someone with my car system I put in some Project Pat or 3-6. There **** sounds so clean especially the Bass. **** hits hard as hell.

Man check it. The majority of Three 6's basslines, at least the ones of the songs you mentioned, can be made with the 3xOsc, easy. It's just a sub bass, just a simple low sine wave. However, the kind of kick they have on their tracks usually varies sometimes, and that may have an effect on the initial hit you hear in the song. Just use a sub bass line layered with your kick, and make sure to compress and EQ both accordingly, and you will have that same kind of hit I gurantee you.

ight kool thanks anybody else got more tips or guides on how to do dis step by step cuz it gets confusin lol i'ma try n wuzzup then if i finally get it right i;ll show u my work ight -1- thanx

I bet layering an 808 with your kick would add that driving punch...

As for the basslines, Sine Wave layering usually works, but be careful to watch for confliction frequency ranges.

man i wished i could get a beat produced or an album lol by three 6 so i can learn in person where's da ppl wit the connects around here? or is there a topic where u can contact famous record labels/music artists/a&r's?

infamous19 said:
man i wished i could get a beat produced or an album lol by three 6 so i can learn in person where's da ppl wit the connects around here? or is there a topic where u can contact famous record labels/music artists/a&r's?
If you got 5gs I'll contact Juicy J's management and he'll make you a beat. You'd have to fly out to Memphis to see 1st hand.

All they do is get a sample with a nice guitar bassline already, throw a sine bass that can be made with 3xOsc, or the Buzz generator adapter. Also tons of freeware bass modules on www.kvraudio.com do it. When you mix a subbass, 808 and a nice sampled guitar lick they blend really well. I did one on my page called "love takes time" if that's the sound you're talking about, that's the answer.

I'm not very good with figuring out how to use the 3xOsc. Anyone know of a tutorial that explains it? I was looking for one last night, but couldn't find one.

Yean Hurrd said:
anyone wanna tell me what the 3xOsc is lol

I know that the 3xOsc manipulates sine waves. Think about the way that an Organ sounds. It's not a constant sound, but it decreases and increases. The 3xOsc can speed the time that it increases and decreses, and slow it further. That's pretty much all I know about it.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
^^^It's FL Studio's emulation of an Oscillator synth. You can load shapes and wavetables into it for nice sounds.
thanks.. im a reason user so...

Last edited:
The 3xOsc is 3 Oscillators that you can manipulate to create a sound.

You can use 1 oscillator or 2 or 3, with different wave forms.

Its a synth, with 3 oscillators.

Back