Thinking about going EDM yes or no?

3nterprise

Just tired of dealing with artists that are not as hard working as I am, I feel like I'm being held back.
I'm thinking about going the DubStep route, it's challenging but I don't have to worry about getting
an artist in the booth... What are your thoughts?

I said the same thing a year ago and I find myself wanting to do hip hop. If its in you its in you and nothing will change that. I still love doing House music though.

Last edited:
I do nothing but house music, so I don't know much about working with artists. But branching out into any other genre always helps your production skills, regardless of the genre it is. I say you should give it a try.

Thats not true bro with the artists, make edm don't just stick with dubstep you can make loads of house hard dance in fact any edm genre you can produce as an instrumental just add samples instead of lazy artist , please dont let them hold you back you can move on and be one of the greats like avicci or swedish house mafia there just people like you and I remember stuff lazy artist ,USE SAMPLES INSTEAD skrillix works that way alot ��✌️✊

Thats not true bro with the artists, make edm don't just stick with dubstep you can make loads of house hard dance in fact any edm genre you can produce as an instrumental just add samples instead of lazy artist , please dont let them hold you back you can move on and be one of the greats like avicci or swedish house mafia there just people like you and I remember stuff lazy artist ,USE SAMPLES INSTEAD skrillix works that way alot ��✌️✊

SkrillEx may use sample a lot, but I think he normally creates his own sounds inside synths.

Thats not true bro with the artists, make edm don't just stick with dubstep you can make loads of house hard dance in fact any edm genre you can produce as an instrumental just add samples instead of lazy artist , please dont let them hold you back you can move on and be one of the greats like avicci or swedish house mafia there just people like you and I remember stuff lazy artist ,USE SAMPLES INSTEAD skrillix works that way alot ?✌️✊

How many edm genre's are there and what are they? What kind of samples can you post a video? What are some good EDM songs I can listen to from different EDM genre's? Thanks in advance.

What is with people around here needing to be spoon fed? and why do you have to only do one genre at a time? I do what I want. I play for a contemporary jazz group, I play gospel for a church, I write gospel and pop and still make hip-hop.

Just tired of dealing with artists that are not as hard working as I am, I feel like I'm being held back.
I'm thinking about going the DubStep route, it's challenging but I don't have to worry about getting
an artist in the booth... What are your thoughts?

In all seriousness, you should definitely try your hand at different things because you wont really know what you are good at until you try, as for the working with artists thing while you don't have to do it if you don't want to there tends to be a bit of a reversal in regard to the relationship, by that I mean we EDM guys tend to use artists to our advantage rather than the other way around.

If you're producing "EDM", (Electronic Dance Music), just for the sake of it then you're going about it the wrong way.

I produce Trance, because I like it, and have been doing so for years!

I didn't wake up one day and magically decide to do it, I slowly just started making what I wanted to hear.

Making music for the sake of it is kind of pointless imo, and everyone will be able to see that your intentions are kind of superficial.

And if you want to make money then.....hm...do something that actually pays?

Sorry if that sounds negative but hopefully you'll see what I was trying to say!

Last edited by a moderator:
Make music because you like to make music. Don't make what people tell you to make lol make what you like cause you are the one spending time doing it. If it's tight people will mess with it no matter what genre it is your making

Back