These VST Plugins are so damn expensive!! $$

The "To the OP" part was not addressed to you, anyone with a sense of proper reading comprehension (like, perhaps, an ACTUAL software dev, not some kid pretending to be one) would've gotten that.

I admit that I have misunderstood that part "To the OP". Anyway, how can you talk to a kid in that way...judging his generation and all that. I guess that's not the proper way to advice someone.
I'm not pretending to be someone I'm not, like, perhaps, an ACTUAL pre-judgmental like you are.
Don't try to be sarcastic too. :topicclosed:

You were encouraging piracy in the comment above which is why you got the response you got.
To the OP: I forget there is a generation of kids coming up wanting to learn music who think the Star Wars prequels are good and everything on a computer should be free. Your generation is dumb, but whatever. Not to discourage you from music, but unless you are learning to play an instrument (which would be a much better use of your time than fuccing up your parent's computer with viruses), curb your sense of entitlement, focus on school and not being a twat.
Ok, I get that there are old timers in this new age of music and so on and so forth, but that doesnt give you and the other guy a right to be a tool. I am asking a legitimate question which I got legitimate >>~~!!(FREE ALTERNATIVES...ikr pretty crazy, never heard of that one have you ;) )!!~~<< *gasp* *cheer* *cry*... without having some jerks come into the thread and say "Well you need a job" "Well if you plan on doing music, you need money" and thats cause yall aint open minded enough to figure out that music is more than that. Thanks to the users that gave real help that I asked for. I thought you were cool pumpthrust cause you were one of the people who helped me out but you had to take the side of the old guy just because he complimented you, smh.

P.S. Btw for the 763rd time i do not pirate, I have never pirated and I do not plan on pirating, I only looked in desperate times and when I said none of them had worked, i dont even know if thats true because I have never completely downloaded them. Only checked the comments. Oh and this aint my parents computer, me and my friend combined christmas money so I can get a jump start on music production, oh and I have probably edited this like 10 times by now but, I know how to play the piano and my friend is teaching me how to play the guitar >>(FOR FREE, HOLY SHIT REALLY? WOW FREE$$$$$ WOW THAT I$ ****IN CRAZY)<< so back off a bit

ALSO thanks to GeriDeeJay for actually being cool about the situation and sticking up for me when guys like you and that old dad dude start saying some dumb stuff.

Last edited:
Do you already have a DAW? Chances are there are some good but overlooked plugins included with that already.

And then start wading through the free stuff - you'll probably have to download too much at first, just to get a feel on what kind of stuff is out there, but after that first batch it should be easier to pick what you need...

Some starters:
Resound's picks (these I personally agree very much with)
MusicRadar's more generic list (lots of stuff)

Do you already have a DAW? Chances are there are some good but overlooked plugins included with that already.

And then start wading through the free stuff - you'll probably have to download too much at first, just to get a feel on what kind of stuff is out there, but after that first batch it should be easier to pick what you need...

Some starters:
Resound's picks (these I personally agree very much with)
MusicRadar's more generic list (lots of stuff)
Thank you very much, yes I use FL and I have been toying around with a few of the plugins that come with it, thank you for the links!

Not to discourage you from music, but unless you are learning to play an instrument (which would be a much better use of your time than fuccing up your parent's computer with viruses), curb your sense of entitlement, focus on school and not being a twat.

Preach.

...and learn how to use free vsts (VST4FREE.com) and how to actually create MUSIC so that you don't end up delusional and broke like these Trap producers who's musical knowledge are 4 note melodies and hi hat/snare rolls.

With FL, there really is nothing that you can't do, even all the way to the professional level, using nothing but what they give you. I have lots of DJ friends that make techno beats on FL and remix them on Traktor for live shows, and it sounds every bit as good as the vintage vinyls they mix them with. Lex Lugar got his start by selling un-mastered beats that he made in FL. Their compressors and EQ's are as good or better than what you get with Cubase or even Pro Tools sometimes. So, my advice is to hit up youtube with searches on how to use FL, and be specific as to what version you have, as they have a LOT of differences, usually good, between versions. The synths in FL can do ANYTHING YOU WANT THEM TO if you learn the basics of synthesizers. Long story short, DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU FL STUDIO SUCKS!!!!!!!
...However, one problem I found is that the drums in FL were not what I was looking for. Finding good sounding (and by that I mean realistic) drums for free is next to impossible, but then again I make rock and roll, so probably doesn't apply to you.
Use google to search for free plugins. There are TONS of designers that make tons and tons of stuff for free all the time. Check out BlueCat, Steinberg, Wavves, IK Multimedia, and billions and billions of indies for free shit. Most major manufacturers offer a few free plugins, but rather than spend the rest of your life downloading a bunch of VST's you'll never use, learn the basics of what FL can do and how to operate a synth. Once you do, you can then cross transfer that knowledge to ALL synths and ALL DAWs, to some extent.

Also, look up interviews with your favorite producers and listen to what they have to say about how they got the sounds they did. If they used compressor X and gate X, do the same thing with the stock compressors and gates and be amazed at how it sounds.

p.s. To the geezers bitching about the Y generation ****ing it all up; I'm a dad, too. I have bills and a job, too. I grew up using 8 track cassette recorders because digital music HADN'T BEEN INVENTED YET. The internet IS for free shit. Say thank you to the kids that grew up realizing this and gave it all to us.

Good luck, Static!

Back