Are these forums dead.

H

hammrough

i know there are alot of users but it seems like these users aren't very active.

i know there are alot of users but it seems like these users aren't very active.

there's not much going on here these days. When I joined up there were several new posts each minute, now there are several minutes in between each new post.

yeah iv'e noticed that. are there more active forums about rap.

There are so many outlets for sharing and learning about music.

This site has a lot of good info, but people just like to jump on the newest thing. I like to read some of the older posts to find answers to questions that have already been asked. But many new people do not take out the time to find answers to questions that have been asked and talked about.

some of the issue with delays in posting times is that we make them longer as an anti-spam measure
- spammers quickly get tired of spamming a site when they can't use their automated tools to spam the site
- there is no profit in wasting time waiting to make the next post

really - isn't that how we learn to begin with? by copying other great art and then identifying what we want to keep in defining our own creative voice?

really - isn't that how we learn to begin with? by copying other great art and then identifying what we want to keep in defining our own creative voice?

Yes your correct. But I don't see much creativity. Everybody trying to learn a trap beat etc blah blah, then everybody has the same patterns of 808 kicks, with high hats, orchestra chords... people ask how I get this sound blah blah. Just make your own sounds from scratch.

listen to my music , every song is completely different and original.

I am nobody's style of music.

reverbnation.com/kris3015

There's no mystery to why I'm #1

Kris...Have you been lurking on the forum for years or did you just now actually find it and join?

Peace

Last edited:
i just found it to ask for advice, but no1's helpful and just negative vibes

you guys need to feng shei this B

I replied in the other thread but yeah,i would ease up when cats give advice,there's no need to get
feelings involved MOST of the cats here are dudes,let's not deal in emotions like women.Sure,we all
loose our cool every now and then but coming onto a board you have to establish yourself first fam.
Being too cocky can get you turned down real quick too b.Just giving some advice,take it or leave it.

Peace

A lot of the stuff people ask is repetitive and has been asked and discussed before. Numerous times. It's not a problem to ask again, but the older threads are still valuable. When I started to learn Renoise, I went to their beginner questions board, switched to the oldest page, read threads interested me, and slowly made my way to the newest page of topics. That took a couple weeks and I learned a ton. The same can be done here.

No, they aren't. If you are willing to really share knowledge with other people, then this forum is flourishing with discussions. BUT, we have too many people here with attitude like kris2015, that possibly make some new users or a) act like him or b) turn around and exit through the same door they've entered.

It's not only this forum a lot of forums are dead. Social media took over, I guess :)

There's also a lot of answers on Google and Youtube these days so most people use search engines to find what they want.

It's not only this forum a lot of forums are dead. Social media took over, I guess :)

There's also a lot of answers on Google and Youtube these days so most people use search engines to find what they want.

I agree and disagree with you at the same time. It's easy to find tutorials for anything on youtube, google and such, but it's hard to find tutorials where the person behind it actually knows what he/she's been talking about. On other hand, we can rely on some people here, like bandcoach and steefeh (I'm sorry if I wrote their usernames wrong) to gives us their vast knowledge, specially in terms of sound design, theory and such.

Back