Is there a way to arpeggiate chords in reason with spiders?

KonKossKang

Ozagas
Connecting spiders together works with no issues if I connect merges to just merges and splits to just splits.
But it seems like reason can not arpeggiate chords, unless there is a cv method which it seems like the polyphony only makes the sound thicker instead of arpeggiating chords.

This possible in reason besides the piano roll?

Why not use the RPG-8? The Matrix can also be used for pre-made patterns. The Spider isn't gonna do arps; yes, it splits (or merges) signals, but it's not gonna split a chord in separate notes and spread them over time - it's gonna split the same signal into multiple places.

There's a polyphonic arpeggiator in the rack extensions that sequences chords in real time, not moused I think.
The rpg however, does something different it sequences a monophonic [Technically polyphonic if spiders are involved but they all play the same notes and not chords] which is why I still do use the rpg-8, but not for chords.

But I already have studio one so I might as well settle for the arp that has for chords

Yes those are monophonic, they give different control for single note melodies but do not support chord arpeggiation at all.
The rack extensions do, and sometimes I do not feel like using s1 when in reason.

Rewire is pretty bothersome sometimes :/ it works fine but sometimes it's too much if you get me.
Doing arps in the piano roll is nice and all, and i do it that way too sometimes but the realtime approach grows and grows.

I see why propellerhead created extensions now. Reason finally has a wavetable maker and an additive partial maker.
Bye bye zebra 2. don't know about 3 but bye bye zebra 2.

Alligator is close though. but has it's own effects.

Arpeggiating chords is a monophonic affair usually...that's kind of the definition of an arpeggio - playing the notes of a chord in a sequence. That polyphonic arp seems pretty cool in the sense that you can have the different notes of a chord going into different devices.

zebra has a polyphonic arp, alligator has it's own effect but if there was a way to make everything in alligator blank except that gating effect then yes. I have gotten the polyphonic sequencer yet because of this, thank you based try button.[Kelevra]

Rpg-8 does the same thing zebra does with the arps but the only difference is the mono. I can just go for alligator or the 8 note polyphonic arp rack device, really not a problem.[Krushing]

How's Zebra's arp polyphonic? I don't have it, but judging from the manual it looks like a pretty standard issue arp.

I don't know how urs did a polyphonic arp, but that's exactly how it is in zebra, in real time like reason's rack extensions.
You can do a chord, no limit on chords though but It actually sequences the chords as a whole.
I think zebralette has it too, zebra 3 hopefully has a sampler engine but if not that's it lol.

The other method, is to rhytmically gate the polyphony too. Alligator does it but I wonder if it's possible to make everything in alligator except the gate "blank" Cuz I think that's what ur's arp in zebra is.

Back