Are there any famous producers that were horrible when they started?

MiguelTym

Im 15 about to turn 16, and I've been trying to get this beat thing going since I was 14. I feel like all my beats are whack, (you tell me, search sound cloud for "unfukkwitable" and my account comes up as "free-beats") and that I'm not progressing enough to get on the level I need to be. I feel like giving up right now. Are there any producers that ended up successful but were the same way starting off.

u serious?

all of them.

If they didnt, they either played in instrument their whole life(and still had a learning curve) or lied about it to make their bio pretty

Last edited:
there is a lot that ur just born with but there is also a lot of technical stuff{like how to operate your assests the right way} u need to learn along the way..i wish i was 16 man u have ur whole life ahead of u man..practice everyday and stay positive

Last edited by a moderator:
Its like learning to walk my friend, when you first start out its not so great, but look at you now. You can sprint, walk backwards, jump and everything else. Its the same thing with beats, 2 years isnt nearly enough time for you to develop as a producer. Im going on 6 years and to this day sometimes i think certain beats i make suck. But if i were to compare to them to my firsts ones im a star

It should read; are there an famous producers that didn't suck when they started..

The ones who didn't are the exception, not the other way around.

It should read; are there an famous producers that didn't suck when they started..

The ones who didn't are the exception, not the other way around.
I think that all of them sucked at one point of their careers. I know, for example, that the Noisia guys spent years studying before their first release together.

Sure, blink-182 famously asked thousands of fans if any of them were the 11 or 12 people that showed up to one of their early shows. xD Keep going!!

The only person that I personally can think of who didn't suck at composing from the start is Mozart​.

Last edited:
You're 16 man, enjoy the ride!

I'm 26 now, been playing guitar since I was 11 and it's been the biggest journey of my life.

Never give up man, I didn't play music for months at a time, but it's always there when I come back, you just start again, constantly learning, you will never know everything and that is the most exciting thing about it :)

Sometimes you think it's doomed, then you pick up something new and all of sudden you will be on fire

Believe man, it's the only thing in life that won't **** you over or let you down provided you put the work in and enjoy yourself

No shortcuts, no easy ways, just do it for the love and the way it makes you feel!

You're 16 man, enjoy the ride!

I'm 26 now, been playing guitar since I was 11 and it's been the biggest journey of my life.

Never give up man, I didn't play music for months at a time, but it's always there when I come back, you just start again, constantly learning, you will never know everything and that is the most exciting thing about it :)

Sometimes you think it's doomed, then you pick up something new and all of sudden you will be on fire

Believe man, it's the only thing in life that won't **** you over or let you down provided you put the work in and enjoy yourself

No shortcuts, no easy ways, just do it for the love and the way it makes you feel!

So accurate!!

There are so many moments when I thought for myself: man..what you do is way better than your last stuff...but somehow it's still not good..maybe I just don't have the talent..i should stop it, it's time wasting..
Until today I had a lot of those moments! But on the other hand I also had a lot of moments when I thought: Hey man what an improve compared to my old stuff.
You can only go UP..start today and NEVER GIVE UP..that sounds so basic but it's one of the most important things i learned.
You really must not give up, then there's only gain!
It takes time, but the other day you will reach a level you start to be satisfied with your things, and then it's only learning that "you will never know everything" as jbaptist said.
That's what keeps music magic man :)

Last edited:
Michael Jordan didn't jump out womb playing basketball, he worked hard even got cut off his high school team. The greatest basketball player of all time!!! What i'm saying your going to be bad but hard work determines your outcome.

Michael Jordan didn't jump out womb playing basketball, he worked hard even got cut off his high school team. The greatest basketball player of all time!!! What i'm saying your going to be bad but hard work determines your outcome.
^Quoted for truth.

i would echo echo echo the above - its just a given that nobody is amazing at anything when they start out. Like with everything else in life you just have to keep doing it until you become good through experience (and some mentoring if you're lucky). i think the difference is that in the past producers would not be releasing things to the public until they were good and spent years honing their craft

Back