Talent2K... Scam or Legit???

World Wide

My boy recently descovered this site (www.talent2k.com) and is really buggin me on tryin to get down with it.

To me, it doesnt seem 100% legit, but i dunno.

Has anyone heard of it? Dealt with them?

Is it a scam? Does it seem like a scam to you?

Any help is really appreciated here

All I can say is to use your best judgement...

That's all I can say.

I can say no more than that. I've said everything I can say on the subject. What I've said is all I can really say about it.

SCAM!!!!!!!

man they send me like a million fuccen CD's a week. one day like two years ago a guy e-mails our labels website and asks if he can send some of his artists demo's to us, i was like sure. now every week ton's of CD's come from them. usually it is the most horrible music i have ever heard in my life. anyways i have had multiple artists contact me and ask me if i was a "affiliate" or "partner" or otherwise associated with Talent2K and how the people at Talent2K told them they worked with our label and all this other stuff about how they work closely with us. again, someone e-mailed me and asked if they could send "a" CD to me i had never heard of them and i said yes and years later i still get them and i do not know anyone there or anything about them. don't waste your money that type of ish is a joke.

like Massive said use your own judgement. a good BS detector for ish like this is offer to pay them to have your stuff put on there CD's and try to get them to make deal with you PRIOR to hearing your music. if they are willing to accept your money and put you on there rotation without ever hearing you material then you know right away it's BS. i say this because do you really think IF they even had a chance at creating a relationship with labels or people in the industry you want to reach they could get them to faithfully listen to there CD's on a reoccurring basis when they don't even filter out the 99.9% of complete bullsh!t most artists have? you think a A&R wants some CD sent to them that no one has preselected the material and determined it to be worth there time to even review? i don't think so.

I appreciate that reply... and me personally... i definitely think its bull****

but im tryin to make a case cuz my one friend is adamant about this

he says according to their website they do audition the music before accepting it

you (or anyone else) got any other info i can give to my boy to finally get him off my ****in back about this?

not really besides what i already said.

if you friend is adamant about giving away money tell him to send it directly to me the damn CD is going to end up here anyways (and In my trash).

the only good thing i can say about them is they use the clam shell cases to send out Cd's half the time so i get a free clam shell case each week lol.

o ya and if they do actually review and choose the music RUN FAR AWAY!!!!!!

almost everything I have heard on there Cd's (like 90% no BS) sounds like the whole damn thing was recorded through a Dictaphone! I'm talking bout the worst recording i have heard it reminds me of when i would get a copy of some app i had no clue how to run and use a computer mic on my sound blaster. some of there rock stuff sounded pretty good but all the rap was horrible in recording and artist quality. also the Cd's have like anything in the world on them form a old man doing do wop to rock to alternative to random skits anything you can think of. if you pay they put it on there.

Last edited:
lmfao....the kid said soundblaster....

*shrugs and puts head down*

oh wait....thats what I have

I REALLY appreciate the help

you can close the thread now if you want

in addition to what i learned here i found some good (READ: Bad) info on Talent2k from testimonials and from the Better Business Bureau

DEFINITELY a scam.

Thanks a lot

a good BS detector for ish like this is offer to pay them to have your stuff put on there CD's and try to get them to make deal with you PRIOR to hearing your music.

HAHAAHAHAHAA!!! that is funny!!

you (or anyone else) got any other info i can give to my boy to finally get him off my ****in back about this?

if your son is still on your back after that, you have bigger problems than you think!

Last edited:
Theres a lot of scams out there like this. Why would you pay someone up front to manage you? Thats not how the game works. If they believe in your music, they will manage you for a percentage.
There are a lot of bogus "talent showcases" that come along too. Chances are if the labels site doesn't have anything about an ongoing talent search, the radio hasnt said anything, and you have to call a local number to sign up, it's not a legit talent show - that is your just paying $50 to perform in front of a bunch of your peers.
You just gotta do a little diggin with these kinds of scams - make 'em prove they have something or know someone.

Back