takes 3-5 beats to get one i like.

ShySlugg

It Usually takes me around 3-5 beats to make before i get one that i feel is worthy to finish. Ill start making one and if i don't like it ill scratch it and start a new one. I'm just wondering if this is normal and maybe it will get better as i progress.

It Usually takes me around 3-5 beats to make before i get one that i feel is worthy to finish. Ill start making one and if i don't like it ill scratch it and start a new one. I'm just wondering if this is normal and maybe it will get better as i progress.

Thats fine....just make sure you save the ideas that have potential. That way you can visit them the next day or so if you get beat block.

For me when first started, i noticed my ears were tuned to certain sounds and chords. So my beats would always end up sounding very similar. Try to accept that something can be hot even if it isint your preference

happens to everyone .. my tip is to force yourself to finish them because one point and time you were feeling it... and the next person might feel it.. that's what it's all about

This is pretty normal. Hans Zimmer has said he often plays around on the piano but nothing comes out.

Totally normal. Sometimes you'll probably have streaks, good and bad. It's just a part of it, no one releases/finishes every single beat they start. Some people say you should even finish beats you don't like when you're a beginner, since you'll probably learn something from it that you wouldn't have otherwise.

1 out of 10 is a perfectly good ratio. Not that there are any numbers worth looking at, nor should you worry about being normal - be extraordinary instead.

Yeaaah, i have it same way, i make couple of beats and can't finish them, cause i think they're shitty, so i starting a new one :D
But it depends how the work is going it is normal, same with lyrics :)

Back