Switch from fl studio

tjustice

Shoukd i switch from fl stuido to another software? If you have switched from fl studio, what dd you switch to & did u see better results?

i would say wait till the new update comes out. I have abelton and pro tools but thats because it makes it easier to work with other people who dont use FL. one is really no better than the other.

Yeah your not going to see better results unless you just have a better workflow with something else.
What the above poster is saying is he can transfer project files, but in reality wave files by themselves work fine, and are very fast, and easy to load in any program.

exactly. i can promise you that your not being held back by FL. you just have to put in the time and learn it inside out. and yes wav files are just fine. I never recommend someone follow my gear spending activities. Its a sickness.

Pattern mode just doesn't sit right with me lol.S1/reason.

Fl studio is just as good and is THE program to learn before trying anything else with that knowledge imo.
You can convert anything also. The other daws have different converter software but fl studio has it's own called flpxtract.
Saving chops as a wavpack and the midi lets you transfer it anywhere also. So you aren't "stuck"

Last edited:
It doesn't matter what you switch to. If you do switch your workflow is gonna become a lot slower before it gets faster (if it does).

I definitely dont agree with FL studio being 'THE' daw to learn first though. If any daw is 'the' daw to learn first its Pro Tools. It actually teaches you engineering specific workflow and if you can use pro tools you can figure out any daw. I guess it depends on what your definition of a good starting DAW is though. I think people who make choices based on how easy something is to use are just holding themselves back.

Last edited:
Never used protools ever in life but I think it might be easier to use than fl studio for beatmaking.
Saw videos and it seem like it's piano roll is a literal playlist like studio one or cubase and reaper.
Then again in my opinion when it comes to workflow with a mouse fl studio was faster.
But when midi devices came into the picture it became a different story altogether :/

i doubt switching will make your music better if that's what you're trying to accomplish... they all do the same thing at the end of the day....

It all depends on what you wan't to do. You could switch and it would help you, or you could switch and it would mess you up completely.

I ask myself this everyday as someone whose been with fl since i started,If you know Fl in and out i wouldn't waste the time in learning something else IMO,because at the end of the day its all on what you do with it.:cheers:

FL Studio has won Musicradar's user poll 'DAW of the year award' several years in a row, it is a great piece of software according to a lot of people.

FL Studio has won Musicradar's user poll 'DAW of the year award' several years in a row, it is a great piece of software according to a lot of people.

voted in by the same people who blindly defend it on forums being the only daw they've used. Its a popularity contest, the cool girl isn't always the smartest, but most of the time she's just the easiest to get with. Incase you didn't pick up on that I was bored and made a lame high school analogy about how the only reason FL studio is so popular is because its easy to use and everyone bases their decision off how easy something is to use. New people read FLs easy for them, so new people crack it and use it. With so many new people coming into the scene everyday, especially over the last 2 years, its no surprise FL studio wins daw of the year. Means absolutely nothing about quality though. Fl studio is just a glorified $lut haha.

Reading that post over it seems really bitter haha.. I swear its just a random analogy.

Anyway thats not saying its not a full daw, it just doesn't deserve daw of the year for the reasons people think it does.

Back