Stupid question 808 kick sound better on headphones then when I unplug them

BeatBassBanger

I'm taking the next song to create a track, got the 808 kick in the channel rack and its thumping in my headphones, except when I pull them out, it doesn't sound like that at all? Is that normal?

Yeah, are we talking about laptop speakers here? That's perfectly normal - they are f*cking awful as far as speakers go.

so - what headphones? (this will tell us about their low end freq response -> Build A Graph | headphone.com)

most likely thing is that they are bass heavy and so your sounds do not require any tweaking to sound good

as for speakers on your desktop - what are they? because most desktops only have a beeper in them

so - what headphones? (this will tell us about their low end freq response -> Build A Graph | headphone.com)

most likely thing is that they are bass heavy and so your sounds do not require any tweaking to sound good

as for speakers on your desktop - what are they? because most desktops only have a beeper in them

My headphones are the ath m50x

Speakes not plugged in yet. Computer is a hp touchsmart 520 pc. no speakers sound just coming out the cpu

^I think the physical appearance of those models is more or less the same - we're talking about a compact integrated desktop computer with some kind of sh*tty speakers in any case. Maybe marginally less awful than your basic laptop speakers, but still awful - it's simply physically impossible for speakers that fit into an enclosure like that to reproduce proper bass.

so, yes, the athm50x's are bass heavy mid neutral and high deficient

your hp what model - they claim 83 different models with in that series at HP TouchSmart 520-1000 Desktop PC series Product Information | HP® Customer Support

based on the image they show at the entry to that page, I would say that you are suffering the same deficiencies as any laptop model would

Cool, thanks..... So when I do eventually crank out a legit beat I want them to sound like they do in my headphones

Back