Studying music production in the USA, as a non american person.

199x

Hi I hope this is the right sub forum to post in. Here I go.

I am a Venezuelan citizen and I want and I'm GOING to make music for a living, this is a fact, because it is the thing I love the most.

I know going to a music academy isn't necessary, the thing is, I need to be in the USA (Not that I need I just want to be there because I know I'll love it) to get to know people and get into the industry. I went to the US once when I was a kid, my parents go at least once a year and I've lived in Spain and in London, 2 years in each, by the way. I could've stayed in Spain but nah, I'd rather be in another place.

With this said, as I am a non american citizen, I need to be legal there obviously, so going to an academy is my way in, to stay legal there. That's the way I see it.

I play the guitar and I'm learning to make music with FL Studio and a midi keyboard, improving everyday to the point that I'm starting to surprise myself.

What I want is to know all the basics about acoustics, mixing, engineering, making a song/composing, sound design, sort of like a starting point. And I can't do this from this country, so I need to learn it there, while being legal.

Any thoughts? Any ideas? Please.

Thank you very much!

Back