Stop Giving Away FREE Beats...

If you are just starting out as a producer, it is a good way to build your brand and to get your name out there. But it also devalues producers that do this for a living and expect higher prices for their beats. Not everyone can be happy..

Definitely a good way to go for people just starting out, especially when it comes to building a name and gaining experience putting songs together. There comes a point for each individual though (and that totally depends on each individual) where you realize that you've got enough experience and your music is good enough, where you don't NEED to be giving out tracks anymore.

I do understand from an artist's perspective though. Studio time (even home studios) can be pricey if the budget is tight. Plus I know SOME producers are delusional about what they think they can charge. I don't charge alot for beats, so I don't think it's unreasonable. But at the end of the day, if you aren't willing to invest at all in yourself and your music, why will anyone else take it seriously? I have been at it for a while now and have invested alot of time and money into equipment. So I guess it all depends where you're at in your career.

The only reason producers give them away is because they don't know how to market them. Give a few away for free to get artists in the door. Then you can start selling to them with some good marketing.

Sometimes is ok to give away free beats ! But make sure you choose an artist which is working hard to get their name out there, and you can start working with him and eventually you will both blow up. But ussually this kind of artist (serious about his work) is not asking for free beats...

But what about new up and coming producers? Shouldnt we give away our beats just to get our name out there and stuff?

Back