Stop Giving Away FREE Beats...

K

K-Felon

I know most of you have come across those artists who asks for FREE beats.

In my opinion it's nothing wrong with giving away a few beats...

...however, there's artists out there who don't take what we do

SERIOUS.

This video is an example of those artists so I encourage you to watch this
to know what to look out for because...

...as producers we take this music shit serious and we don't need people
taking what we do for granted!

Hope y'all enjoy!

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Coming from someone who always looked for free beats to rap on, I didn't appreciate what producers did one bit, let alone did I care of the work they put in. Do you know how many beats I destroyed, and not in a good way? Now that I've put the time in producing, I realize the hard work it takes. From studying Sound Design, to learning to play the Piano/Keyboard, to learning basic Music Theory, learning your DAW inside-out, to studying the basics of Audio Engineering, to watching countless videos to learn new techniques and then applying them, to learning your Plugins and Synths inside-out. There's no way I'm giving beats away for free, a good majority of us dedicate too much time for some lame rapper to talk about his manufactured struggle, all the females he claims he's hittin', or how he's killing the rap game in his bedroom.

Let these rappers/artists put their money where their mouth is, producers shouldn't be doing $20 leases either, unless it's some basic project/session that you know is gonna sit in a folder.

What A Great Post.
Thank You For Posting That. There Is So Much To Learn In Production And Engineering, But Not Only That But We Also Have To Learn The Marketing Side As Well.

I def agree... Ive always said that dollar leases and constantly giving away beats hurt all producers.....
-b/c people expect all of us to do the same...

I dnt understand how after sitting in front of a screen for hours and playing a loop until your ears bleed u let somone just have it...

learning how to make beats is fun but very hard.but then again it's one of my hobbies so i dont feel the same way :/ beats are beats,drum patterns laid out on melodies.

if you really set out for it you could just get ad revenue alongside whatever you charge for your beats, few guys do that.

Thats whats up fam it's a good thing you feel the struggle
because most of these rappers out here have no idea what
producers go thru to put a beat together. All that talk about
money but they dont wanna pay for beats? SMH

Keep doing ya thing homie!

Well there is BS on both sides.
Broke rappers who are trying to come off as the sh*t but let's also remember when you see the so called producers trying to act like they sit down and make 6 bangers in 15 minutes.
They usually finish with some statement about how easy this sh*t is.

There's always going to be people giving you a hard time because they don't value you or what you do.
Especially when it comes to selling beats.

Don't stress over it.

The best approach I've found in dealing with people like that is just to not deal with them at all.
As soon as you get a message, email, etc. from cats giving you a hard time - just delete it and ignore anything else that follows. Its that easy.

Artists who truly value your work have no problem investing in themselves and you and will want to build a relationship with their future producers.

@Griffin's post in this thread: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...roducers-have-hard-time-selling-beats-479822/ can definitely be applied here.

Well there is BS on both sides.
Broke rappers who are trying to come off as the sh*t but let's also remember when you see the so called producers trying to act like they sit down and make 6 bangers in 15 minutes.
They usually finish with some statement about how easy this sh*t is.

This is SO TRUE. It took me a while to realize most​ GOOD PRODUCTIONS take more than a few minutes to make. I can't tell you all how many times I have heard this and thought. "Damn do I really take that long?" That really damaged my esteem when I first started producing!

Back