Stop Giving Away FREE Beats...

If people treat this like a video-game 24/7, you should be happy man.
Because from that post, it's not in the same category as what you're doing op.It's casual.It's a game to most of us gamers.
:/

(Not in the same category as serious)

I think it's great to network at first and don't ever expect to make money from beats....then anything is a bonus :)

pay for quality

plenty of quality beats going for $5

yeah it's a payment but are quality beats worth more??

or is it the relationships and connections you makewith artists,ent. managers,and licensing companies

that get you the money

your instrumentals are worth

free beats. Why? Because people think they can get fame, but they can't get fame without hard work and good music

I would say only give out "Free" beats if they are tagged obviously and make it a promotional tool to get buyers. Remember that you aren't surrendering any rights by giving out a free download of a beat and can always sell the rights to that beat later on

I make beats. What I need is some free acapellas cos I can't rap for sh*t!

beats are for sale or being given away all over the place but decent Emcees (ones with a work ethic at least) willing to either work with or send vocal tracks out are like gold dust!

Yeah I figured this out the hard way, was following this guy from my city on soundcloud and he tweeted that he was looking for beats, so I had a few laying around and sent him one. Later on he was like "yeah it's cool i really like it i'll probably use it on my mixtape." haven't heard from the dude for like 6+ months.

What does probably mean....
Does it mean... thanks for the track...
-its mine now until wheneva i use it...
or
Does it mean... thanks for the track....
-i got it from here. period??

Back