Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Stop Giving Away FREE Beats...

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    For me it's about finding that balance between building my list whilst at the same time stating, through the fees I charge, that my time is of great value to me. Therefore giving away a few free beats to entice a sign-up is a great strategy but then I think ones catalog will be seen as more substantial in terms of quality and value by potential customers if there is a reasonable fee charged for the work. It's all psychology at the end of the day.

Thanks
    no rapper alive gives 2 shits about your time, or the effort of finding that perfect loop point or any of that shit
    AT ALL.

They want it now, they want it free, and they get it by all types of producers , from beginners to pros

It impossible to compete with free bro, and unless you are on the radio right now ,
    your email list is the single most important asset in your marketing arsenal.
    Im a producer,Dj,Booking agent and Graphic Designer from Atlanta. Check my Beats For Sale

Thanks
    It's okay !

Thanks
    The only time I see it beneficial to give away free beat is if its ultimately a scheme to increase your audience.

Make a few "weaker" or not as high quality beats, or beats that maybe didn't take too much time to create, and allow those to be used for free, with certain limitations still applying royalty wise.

Once you have circulation of tracks going around that you produced, you now have somewhat of a profit gain from giving beats for free, when initial it didn't seem like it was worth doing.

I have not done this, I heard Curtiss King talk about it and was considering it to not be a bad idea..
    Life is dice, Death is certain. - Thai Lanotics
    http://thailanoticsproductions.com

Thanks
    This needs to headline this forum every week.

I was passionate enough write an article on "Why Free Beats Don't Work in 2017"

Would love for some of you to read and share it.

#NOFREEBEATS
    (That sh*ts wack as f*ck to me, we shouldnt be giving away our art like that)

Thanks
    thats all i will ever ask for it and depends on why you make tracks to begin with not everyone does this to make money to think other wise is just a extreme shallow way of looking at things.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justindai View Post
    money matters
    just give me the credits thats all i will ever ask for it and depends on why you make tracks to begin with not everyone does this to make money to think other wise is just a extreme shallow way of looking at things.

Thanks
    yEAH, i HAD TO LEARN THIS LESSON THE HARD WAY
    BLVDBEATS.COM

Thanks
    Same here! Money is not the most important, but for sure it matters..
    Test your IQ at http://tester-iq.nl/

Thanks
    I don't give out free beats only because there's too many producer already doing that lol. So I raised my prices you have to know your worth.

THE_BEAT_DEALER

Thread Information