Stop Giving Away FREE Beats...

no rapper alive gives 2 shits about your time, or the effort of finding that perfect loop point or any of that shit
AT ALL.

They want it now, they want it free, and they get it by all types of producers , from beginners to pros

It impossible to compete with free bro, and unless you are on the radio right now ,
your email list is the single most important asset in your marketing arsenal.

The only time I see it beneficial to give away free beat is if its ultimately a scheme to increase your audience.

Make a few "weaker" or not as high quality beats, or beats that maybe didn't take too much time to create, and allow those to be used for free, with certain limitations still applying royalty wise.

Once you have circulation of tracks going around that you produced, you now have somewhat of a profit gain from giving beats for free, when initial it didn't seem like it was worth doing.

I have not done this, I heard Curtiss King talk about it and was considering it to not be a bad idea..

This needs to headline this forum every week.

I was passionate enough write an article on "Why Free Beats Don't Work in 2017"

Would love for some of you to read and share it.

#NOFREEBEATS
(That sh*ts wack as f*ck to me, we shouldnt be giving away our art like that)

thats all i will ever ask for it and depends on why you make tracks to begin with not everyone does this to make money to think other wise is just a extreme shallow way of looking at things.

I don't give out free beats only because there's too many producer already doing that lol. So I raised my prices you have to know your worth.

THE_BEAT_DEALER

This is an interesting thread considering i've given people .zips and they've picked and bought no money was talked about until after the beats were listened to to. it's not about who you work with it's about whos going to pay you. most people want exposure now a days money > fame.

Back