Starting out with hip hop, need some advice please!

Savadra

Hi all, new to here and looking for some advice on my equipment. I already have a pair of Sony PS DJ9000's and a standard Numark mixer and I have also purchased a pair of Wharfedale 9.0 speakers. I am pretty amateur so I then realized that I need an amp also.
Now the speakers are both 75W but I was wondering what kind of amp should I be looking at. The speakers don't have jacks on the back I have been told that I have to get speaker wire and strip it to wrap around the connections at the back so would the amp have to have the same? It all seems very complicated and I just don't know where to look next. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
starting off with Hip hop I don't know what that means
do you want to DJ because you have DJ equipment

if you want to start making rap instrumentals
I suggest just starting off with some $20 headphones

do have a computer??
if so check out demo of these DAWs(Digital Audio Workstations)
figure which one works for you
because what work for me may not work for you
Cubase
Reason
FL Studio comes with lifetime free updates (if you decide to go with FL Studio I can get you 10% off)
Ableton Live 9
Reaper

Now my personal Suggestion for a person starting out!!!! because you may lose interest and quit!!! making music can get expensive and time consuming
1.Computer decent speed and RAM
2. Sennheiser HD201 Headphones
3. FL Studio Producer Editon

again make sure you try the demos!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah that's mostly DJ equipment, which is great for playing music, but you need something to make music with. fataltone's suggestions are solid advice. Don't go all-in until you try some things, and find out a lot more information.

What do you want to get out of it? Fun? Business? Either is a fine choice, but the gear and INFORMATION you need along the way differs depending on what you wanna do.

Back