Soundcloud or Youtube?

Curdabur

Which platform do you think is better for growing your brand as a producer, Soundcloud or Youtube?

I have my own opinion, but I'm definitely curious what others think and why.

My friends have personally had more success and luck on YouTube as most people are more inclined to click on a YouTube video through social media and their tagging system actually delivers decent traffic. I haven't really posted much of my stuff on YouTube but when I have, I've set it and forgotten, come back in a few weeks and I've already got a lot more engagement for the song than on SoundCloud. Just my experience though.

Both. Put links in the description of each one to the other one. Maybe put a background or music video in the youtube one.

I think Youtube is far superior just because its the second largest search engine behind google who happens to own youtube which means more exposure on both google and youtube generating oppurtunities to get views from billions of people around the world

do both

get it out on as many platforms as you can

increase your reach in as many ways as you can since you may do really well on one platform but nothing on another.

I use both, but my main music stay on soundcloud,
I use YT to share music video about my projects since I'm a video producer too.

I use soundcloud mainly. I do want to get back onto Youtube, but I think YouTube is intended more for actually videos / live performances.

Soundcloud is for the music by itself.

Do both, why not? In my opinion you have more chance of being descovered on YouTube via the use of good tags and title wording... plus there's also the chance of a little income from advertising if you grow your channel enough...

YouTube, because you can upload audio in higher quality.

You can upload a file size of up to 5gb to soundcloud so it can match YouTube on upload quality... soundcloud though only allows streams at 128kbps so if you give the option to download said file - the person downloading will get the same quaility as the file that were uploaded.

You can upload a file size of up to 5gb to soundcloud so it can match YouTube on upload quality... soundcloud though only allows streams at 128kbps so if you give the option to download said file - the person downloading will get the same quaility as the file that were uploaded.

True, but
1) Not everyone is going to download the song before hearing it
2) Downloads are limited to a 100 without premium IIRC

I always think soundcloud is a little bit of a musician's circlejerk. So many users are just trying to promote themselves in a kind of 'like-for-like' mentality.

Youtube is used more by the general public I think, but it's easier to drown in it as there is more content to get yourself lost amongst

I always think soundcloud is a little bit of a musician's circlejerk. So many users are just trying to promote themselves in a kind of 'like-for-like' mentality.

Youtube is used more by the general public I think, but it's easier to drown in it as there is more content to get yourself lost amongst

Absolutely agree on both counts.

I would probably use soundcloud to post projects and get feedback from other producers and youtube to promote polished versions so using both can't hurt

Back