SoundCloud Unfollowers

highkoo

Sup FP. :)
I am sick of these bots on SoundCloud.

Does anyone know a way to see a list of people on SoundCloud who I am following but are not following me?

There used to be a free page that did it, but it no longer works after the SC "upgrade".

Ive checked out the app, SoundCloud Manager, but its kind of all-or-nothing, and and doesnt show anything. There is no way to actually see the list of accounts before unfollowing ALL of them...
Its actually a tool built to do the kind of thing that is pissing me off. I thought it might also help me to identify the bullshit.. but nah.

Thanks for any ideas.

Does anyone know a way to see a list of people on SoundCloud who I am following but are not following me?

I don't see why it matters...
You follow someone's SoundCloud because you like their music, they get a notification, check your stuff out and either follow or don't depending on whether they like your stuff...

No point getting bent out of shape about it...

Im not really bent about it but why are you pretending its not just basic human nature to want to know this?

Dont be naive re: follows. People trade follows without listening to a single track.
I dont do that, but Im just saying there are lots of dynamics on SC beyond just the purist aesthetic appreciation you see.
Im just looking for the bots that do follow initially, but unfollow a couple days later. There are lots of em lately.

Glad to see so many of you have transcended basic human emotions.
Some enlightened mofos hanging around FP...

What is the point to know who "unfollowed" you? Really? Will this affect your music? Or your work rate? Or your workflow? No. It won't.

So, stop caring about useless things and get to work.

lol this shit is weird! :)

Do you guys care at all about what people think of your music though?
You might not. I dont. But most people do about theirs. And either way, I wonder why anyone would not be interested in feedback info from the interaction with listeners, because even *I* care in this little way, and I dont give a shit if people like what I do.
For me, caring about these bots is more about just them interacting with me as 'an entity' online, and less about the actual music, but whatever, it has triggered some of those weak 'useless' human emotions a little.

What is the point to know who "unfollowed" you? Really? Will this affect your music? Or your work rate? Or your workflow? No. It won't.

What would you think/do if you lost half your followers one day after posted your latest track?

Of course we care what people think. But worry about it? Nah!
Your thinking in quantity and not quality.
Numbers is a swag game. It's bullshit.
That one piece of honest praise (or criticism) is worth a thousand followers that say nothing.

Put in a live context - A small room full of 200 people who came to see you play is more fun than a festival of 20 thousand who came to see everything.

I think you just misunderstand my intentions in wanting this information. I agree with everything your saying.
This has nothing to do with 'quantity' at all. I mean, nothing I do is really designed for popularity..
And I aint worried about nothin. ;)

Fair enough... Still just not sure why you give a shit about 'bots' (and to be honest I've never noticed them) anyway...
Just concentrate on the feedback you receive - make links with those who can be bothered to contribute... Those that don't are just irrelevant.

Don't follow everyone. That makes you....a follower.
If your music is that good, they'll follow you. That makes you a leader.

Listen before adding/following. If the majority of the material/play lists are good and deserves your attention then use add/follow.

If it's good but not consistent simply use like or drop a comment.

Doing so *might* push them to check out your work and follow you.

Same thing here.
People post "feedback for feedback".

In reality its.....
A promised compliment for a compliment, rather than constructive criticism.
Or
A play count boost for both of you.

When you market to other artists.....that's what you'll get.

When you market to consumer's you gain a actual fan.

I can never understand why people will come onto someone else's thread and not only NOT answer the question, but then call them immature for posting the question. Move on if you don't want to answer it, but criticize the man for asking!

...and if you think that people with tens of thousands of followers don't get extra attention, then you clearly know nothing about human psychology.

I do not know any programs that will do what you are asking for, Highkoo, but I've been wondering about one for a while now too...and it has nothing to do with being in my emotions smh.

It's not about criticism.
It's just that the question is basically.

"I followed people and they don't follow back".

1) Why did you follow them to begin with?
2) Aside from your add....why should they follow you back? Is your music that good, or your movement that big?

If not, we're not building.

Of course big numbers are important but more important is the career movement.
If every unsigned guy has 500 followers, you won't blow up, you look like everyone else and that's the problem with the 1 for 1 mentality of the like-add-follow system.

If an unsigned guy has 800 follows and the average guy has 500 follows, then he looks different and will receive attention.

1. Follow people who you really like
2. who can offer you help in advancing your career.
3. Has a bigger movement than you so you can learn.

Not just because dude said online "Hey listen to me beats, I'm dope".

Everyone is dope.......if you let them tell it.

It's not about criticism.
It's just that the question is basically.

"I followed people and they don't follow back".
Nah man.
Im not mad at ya, but you, also, are just imagining my whole point of view, and misunderstanding why I am asking for this.
Some of you guys are laying out like, the ideal way to approach things, and I agree with it, and follow most of it, but human nature leans the other way so reliably that I though, surely, there is a tool made to exploit those petty emotions, that I can use for my weirdo purposes... But nope, here we are in this surreal thread. :)

1) Why did you follow them to begin with?
2) Aside from your add....why should they follow you back? Is your music that good, or your movement that big?
#1 might be a fair question in a very small number of the group Id be looking at. Id say, someone following me first might give the chances I follow them back a slight bump. Like, maybe Id subconsciously have a better view on their tracks.
#2 Its not about that. Its about unfollows, by bots, mostly. I dont trade follows, or expect em back. Now, there might be various reason my follow is influenced by something other than strictly the music on the page, but, it is pretty much never because I am promoting my own music.

If not, we're not building.

Of course big numbers are important but more important is the career movement.
I see where you are coming from, but Im not in this for a career, and like I (think?) I posted above, I dont get why anyone who is in this for a career would not be interested in tools like this.
If this was my job I would be all the fakk about these kinds of tools. Thats kind of why I asked here.

I mean, I hate it, but I admit how fuct it is. The best dudes on the earth have show promoters checkin their soundcloud and facebook numbers... Its stupid. But, any way you can juice those numbers to play that game, will get your sound out, and pay.
Not my paycheck though, so like I said; I aint worried about nothin. ;)

Back