Sooo I just started uploading beats to Youtube, need feedback since I'm a beginner

heartbrxke

So I've been making beats for some time when I got bored and I decided to upload a few of them to YouTube, to expose my music to the world. I uploaded 2 beats by far and since I'm still a beginner I'm looking for some feedback. I'm not really sure if this YouTube thing is worth the effort. These are the 2 beats I uploaded:

youtube.com/watch?v=2lCZ_6DhZpo
youtube.com/watch?v=Sz-dtzd4-Kw

So yeah tell me if you're feeling it or nah, what sucks about it and all that cause I'm really not sure about this YouTube thing...

Sorry if you have to copy paste the links, apparently I can't upload links since I'm new here.

Welcome but do yourself (and the Internet) a favor and take down what you put up. Producing takes a lifetime, too many heads are putting up half finished ideas in the name of online praise/circle jerking. Don't add to the morass, have some class as producing is an art.

I listened to the first track called Heartbreak and I would say it's over mediocre, however there's too much bass and it goes over the spikes so it gets distorted. I would also add some live instrument to it like a guitar or agogo. Avoid also comparing yourself to other artists saying that it's Post Malone x The Weeknd type beat. Create your own style.

Ok! First and foremost congrats on taking the first step. A lot of people are hesitant to post stuff up on youtube. But little do you know that youtube is the #2 search engine the world behind google. Therefore, it is very viable for you to post your beats up there. Don't let fear stop you. You're hesitant because you don't think you'll get a lot of views and you think it will waste time. A lot of people are like that. However, you my friends, need to do three things:

Make more beats
Do your research
And learn!

Understanding how youtube works and what will get you more views will really help! Also when you do post stuff on there you will not get a lot of feedback or a lot of views to start. That's just how it is. You'll have to be consistent, and continue to improve on your skill as a producer and provide value to your work.

The type beat thing is very controversial. To respond to Emedee's comment, I can understand where he's coming from but you must look at it from the other end of the spectrum because many producers have their own sound that just use the title "Type beat". That's why learning the business is important.

Lastly, just keep improving my guy. No beat is perfect. Mine certainly are not, but you can't get better if you aren't making more music and putting yourself out there.

Good luck!

Back