Some questions about analog mixing on my mpc 2000xl

DjKaybee

wzup guys! I have an idea how I want to mix my instrumental sounds, I just need to know if it's possible. I have a mpc 2000xl and I'm going to get the 8 individual output adjustment. What I wanna do is to put different sounds on different channels on a mixer to do the EQ'ing manually. From what I understand that's a piece of cake but the tricky part comes here.
I was thinking about getting one of an external effect processor.
I was wondering if I could use it to mix different channels with different effects at the same time with one of those. For example a filter on the kick and a reverb on the snare at the same time so I could get the whole picture of it. Otherwise I guess I could mix the sound, put an effect on it and re-sample it. I am kind of green at this whole hardware production thing so I could really use some good advices. I would post links with pictures of the effector and my mixer but apparently because this is my very first post I can't. I would be so grateful for an answer to this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I'm already at it here is something else I can't get out of my head. I've been looking into those old multi channel reel-to-reel recorders. What I really like about them is that I could record vocals (on three tracks) and then mix it hardware style AFTER the recording is done. The thing is that I don't really trust the durability on those things. So I was wondering if there is something a little bit more modern to use the same way?
(The reason I'm so hooked on hardware is just the buttons and cables and I been producing in fl studio before and I just wan't to try this out! Please tell me if I'm an idiot but I can't get this out of my head, I really want to do this) :)
Thanks again!

Back