Software to make your mp3 tracks louder?

twranks

Its still a mystery to me how the big guys do it. No matter what I do, my tracks seem to always sound lower in volume than professional tracks. I use maximus to master my tracks on FL studio, then I try to bump the volume using a software called T-racks. Problem is, with T-racks you can only bounce out a WAV file which is ridiculously long(and is sometimes not as loud as a professional track still). If anyone has any tips for me on how to make the final MP3 track professionally loud, I'll be glad to hear it. Thanks!! :)

Last edited:
you don't make the final mp3 loud - you master the final wav mix first, preparing it for distribution via mp3 or any other format you want

if you want faux loudness then skip the idea of using any sort of brick wall limiter and driving it hard or otherwise
- get audacity
- load your track
- normalise the final wav file
- then export it to a stereo 320kbps CBR mp3

this will give you all the gain without adding distortion or clipping to your final mix

is it ok to master ( only make it louder ) the master output of all tracks in your mixer just for promo, so people can hear it louder when they are listening to your beat/music on different sites ?
...of course if they'll need the file for them to use i'll send them the waw, but i'm curious about the question

better not to do it than to do it and mess things up in my (and several notable mix and mastering engineers) opinions

the path via audacity gives you the benefits of raising your RMS level without actually clipping or adding other distortion to the outcome

Last edited:
If you can make tracks professionally loud without sacrificing quality you can make a career just out of that. Audio engineering is a career in itself.

I use waves.com mastering l3-16 package.

It goes on sale rarely. Maybe coming up.

Drop the levels low. Imo. It will brick wall it and make it shine.

Get many of your levels really even exactly. Numerically. Yeh zheh ty.

I'd suggest getting someone to mix and or master your music then. It sounds like you're over your head in an area that's not your strong point.

Back