should quite prodcing beats?

prodcercorner

should I quite making beats.

well my agent tell me that I'm talented and she believes enough in me to send my music out to major label artist to listen too.
my family those not think Im talented enough to make it and neither do my friends . I've been producing for 4 years. I get fans liking my beats online . 1 out of 5 people dig my stuff.

I'm sure if its time for me quite beat making but I love doing it and submitting my music for placements.

Last edited:
hold one let made the edits

I got it the first time surprisingly..My point was it made no sense.

So your agent thinks your good. Your family thinks you suck. Some people online like you. And your friends think you suck.

And you're asking us if you should quit producing? Id love to give an answer based on the plethora of information you've given us but that doesn't seem like its gonna be too accurate. How about showing us your stuff...?

Are you paying your agent regardless?

Last edited:
what paying for is a Promotional campaign and twitter page is getting follower everyday now and getting interview..

Hey man where are you from? English isn't your first language is it. Sorry about earlier, I thought you were just typing really sloppy and didnt care haha. Gonna go take a listen to your stuff right now.

Also, sorry but I have no idea what you're asking in the quotes either.

Edit: just listened to your stuff..it literally has NO structure. Its basically just 4 or 8 bars looped for 3-4 minutes with some chimes thrown in. You have potential to be able to write good sections of the song. And your mixes aren't horrible, considering I'm listening to them on a baseless TV monitor. But you need structure and arrangement in your songs. in the 3 songs I listened to, not one of them left the intro. Im assuming you listen to other music? How often do you hear a song that stays the exact same as the first 10 seconds for its entirety.

Also..you're from Michigan..what? haha

And I noticed the 'fans' that you have online are mostly people on reverb nation who are just following you back because you followed them first. Don't quit, but study song arrangement and sections..

Last edited:
should I quite making beats.

well my agent tell me that I'm talented and she believes enough in me to send my music out to major label artist to listen too.
my family those not think Im talented enough to make it and neither do my friends . I've been producing for 4 years. I get fans liking my beats online . 1 out of 5 people dig my stuff.

I'm sure if its time for me quite beat making but I love doing it and submitting my music for placements.

If you want to make beats, make beats; or, quit if that's what you want. A decision like this shouldn't be made by other people, it's solely your choice.

Last edited:
I don't even bother doing intro structure and dyslexia is my first language :) . I under this philosophy that structure should matter because spirts will design the beats for me ..that no thought process no hooks no intro just spirts guiding my music. as fuc up as it sounds I believe structure . the wind blows . ...ahha

know I do my music on twitter and on blogs such as hype magazine 24 hour news so might some fans that enjoy instrumental perhaps I'll hook with another producer to work with on structure.

I don't even bother doing intro structure and dyslexia is my first language :) . I under this philosophy that structure should matter because spirts will design the beats for me ..that no thought process no hooks no intro just spirts guiding my music. as fuc up as it sounds I believe structure . the wind blows . ...ahha

Well...

Are the spirits designing your beats then? Maybe if they don't start doing their job soon you should consider looking into designing your beats yourself haha.

You keep referring to all these interviews and magazines you're in. Link me, Id LOVE to see these lol.

Last edited:
Btw the music your making is not something ur Agent should be sending out to other major companies you need to Volunteer to DJ And Perform in and thruout your city Come big like TIESTO

if you want to make beats then make beats......

as for how they sound, aint no majors gonna pick these up... i had to turn em off to be honest.

but if u wanna make music, make music and be happy bro. i just wouldnt quit my day job for it

Lol, maybe you should ask the spirits if you should quit or not since they're the controller and you're the controlled.

Couple quick things that stand out to me from your posts I want to comment on.

If you are paying someone to make Twitter posts for you and to post your music online for you then stop paying them now. You could easily do and handle the job yourself especially at the start. They are just fleecing you for money.

If you are paying your agent then fire them now, an agent makes money by getting percentage from placements not from filling your head full of sh!t.

I haven't listened to your tracks but if you enjoy it then keep at it, you will get better but don't let people gas you up. Listen to your work objectively (Is it honestly good, would I buy that beat and so on). Find some people who don't worry about hurting your feelings and get their honest feedback as well, preferably people who also produce or are into your chosen genre with a good ear and objectivity.

Friends will tell you what you want to hear as will family sometimes they will also be unnecessarily harsh, it is a strange balancing act but honesty is rare so cherish it when you find it. If you can't find this in those near you then post your stuff up here for critique, people on here know their stuff and will give you good feedback for improving your sound.

I'm just going to be honest. Your stuff sounds like a disorganized bunch of noise. Your agent is robbing you.

I'm just going to be honest. Your stuff sounds like a disorganized bunch of noise. Your agent is robbing you.

Just listened to his stuff and actually it does have structure to it, just not what would be considered "normal".

Looking at your page and listening to your music is where you are hurting yourself.

Example:
Sounds Like: nas ,DR DRE, tupac, Tyler the Creator, Rap FrançaiS, Jay Z, One Be Lo

No....you don't sound like any of these and never will, it isn't your thing. You should be embracing trip-hop producers like Gaslamp Killer or even Flying Lotus to a degree, your sound is far more in line with those than it is with hip hop.

You have your page listed as, "Hip Hop / Rap / Hardcore Rap" which although your style very loosely falls into hip hop in it's origins you need to start looking at the sub-classifications that fall under it. Again I would list it as "Trip-hop/Experimental" you will hit a much more target audience for what you are doing.

I like it, but I like strange, experimental and avant-garde music as a whole and this is the audience you need to target.

Back