should i sign to a label (ym) or stay indie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im gonna assume that was toward somebody else because i've been here for like 10 months, and am therefore nowhere near pro level :/
i will also assume by sounds you mean kits and synths, because complaining about "the same" sounds which isn't very descriptive because that makes no sense either lol.
same synths?samples?effect transitions?chord progressions?same genres?what are you mad about exactly?

Most of the professionals i have encountered were very, very descriptive about their reasonings : l

I have an idea i've just formed.Why not prove to everybody here that you are number 1?Use me as an example of your greatness o_O show everyone here how a master of his craft works by simply beating me.

I mean damn, you've made me curious now.Show me the necksnap technique.

Last edited:
This is hysterical, but to answer the actual question, a label will likely throw a contract at you that removes you from some of the control over your own music. Every deal can be different, so they might take your copyrights, or they might not. They will very likely take your publishing rights. Writing credits can be negotiated.

Honestly, if you're doing well and making money, stay indie. There's not much a label can do for you these days that you can't do yourself.

i wasn't talking about you.

im still waiting on madscientist 10 year craft of music....

and cocaineaudio needs to lay off the drugs and actually listen to his own music for a change.

this thread was pretty funny but if madscience meant me, he'll have to show us indefinately.if yes, challenge accepted.if not me, nevermind keep the funny shit going.

this thread was pretty funny but if madscience meant me, he'll have to show us indefinately.if yes, challenge accepted.if not me, nevermind keep the funny shit going.

BRO madscientist thinks he better than all of us because hes been here for a Decade..... lets hear his music.... we all sharing our music but he hides....

I didn't even believe this kind of argument could happen on a forum like this, better bring some popcorn

I didn't even believe this kind of argument could happen on a forum like this, better bring some popcorn

yeah i got my popcorn popping (. waiting for madscientist to rip some music off youtube and setup a soundcloud.... or i might just sandwich flow him.. i already got my cheese and dough... next ill go HAM on his Hoe...

lol not you, I'm talking about the kid who lost it after taking a dose of reality. It's funny just watching him unravel, and steffeeh, there's no argument here, this guy just keeps going all by himself

lol not you, I'm talking about the kid who lost it after taking a dose of reality. It's funny just watching him unravel, and steffeeh, there's no argument here, this guy just keeps going all by himself

bro your obviously trying so hard. now your trying side with someone else. whats your honest opinion on KK music compared to mine? you just like to bash people wheres your music? why arent you answering that question? why are you hiding? whats there to hide? 10 years is a lot of time to perfect your craft lets hear it. I'm listening.... :) i want to hear 10 years of perfection...

People can have opinions on music without posting their own. Most of my music is never posted here or anywhere on the net.
Listened to your RN songs; the first 4-5.
create something unique like me
Listened to your first 4-5 RN songs. Nothing new or unique there in my book.
It´s ok sounding but with a lot of room for improvement.
The arrangements is a little boring to me as they are now, if you don´t mind me saying.

To your question; signing up:
Depends ALOT on the contract. You need to do a lot of work on the contract side.
Contact people that has been signed there before - talk to them.
Nowadays I would say publish yourself through tune core or similar. To get a bigger cut and better deals.
But it depends a lot on with whom you are signing and all the small typing in the contract I guess.
Signing a publishing deal etc is somewhat an art form which needs a lot of attention and knowhow.
Go seek it out.

Last edited:
People can have opinions on music without posting their own. Most of my music is never posted here or anywhere on the net.
Listened to your RN songs; the first 4-5.

Listened to your first 4-5 RN songs. Nothing new or unique there in my book.
It´s ok sounding but with a lot of room for improvement.
The arrangements is a little boring to me as they are now, if you don´t mind me saying.

To your question; signing up:
Depends ALOT on the contract. You need to do a lot of work on the contract side.
Contact people that has been signed there before - talk to them.
Nowadays I would say publish yourself through tune core or similar. To get a bigger cut and better deals.
But it depends a lot on with whom you are signing and all the small typing in the contract I guess.
Signing a publishing deal etc is somewhat an art form which needs a lot of attention and knowhow.
Go seek it out.

thanks for the real advice, but judging from your music your opinion on my music doesn't really exist. and those are freebies. i have over 500 songs.

All i really care about now is to hear madscientist's 10 year decade of learning this craft from these forums since 2003. I just want to hear what it sounds like.... 10 years is a long long time bro you must be grammy-nominated at least or something... or are you still trying after so long .... embarrassing to tell the truth..... #honest

thanks for the real advice, but judging from your music your opinion on my music doesn't really exist. and those are freebies. i have over 500 songs.

Bruh, you need to chill. Even if someone isnt as good as you (in your opinion) doesnt mean they dont know music. All of these people have been on this site for a while so they know good from bad, if they are all saying you arent that good, you probably arent.
Tip: If your looking for peoples opinion on a forum, you shouldnt become butt hurt if someone doesnt agree with you.

This whole thread is a troll-job. I answered your question, and you said a 2-word response. Someone else gave you heat, and you're all about it. You're not even talking about your original topic anymore. You're just going after other people's music. And yes, people are going after yours. But if you're so confident in your own talents, why even worry about someone else's world? You did the same to Heyclown.. "yeah thanks for the advice, but your music knowledge is this and that and whatever...." ending with an excuse. You're trolling, man!!

When you're a big star, and someone on youtube is like "kris2015 can't produce for shit", are you gonna go in on that person?? You think Jay-Z or Nas addresses individual average-joe haters like this? NO, they don't, coz it's part of being a musician. You win some fans, and lose others. You're gonna need thicker skin, my man... Just sayin.

Last edited:
This whole thread is a troll-job. I answered your question, and you said a 2-word response. Someone else gave you heat, and you're all about it. You're not even talking about your original topic anymore. You're just going after other people's music. And yes, people are going after yours. But if you're so confident in your own talents, why even worry about someone else's world? You did the same to Heyclown.. "yeah thanks for the advice, but your music knowledge is this and that and whatever...." ending with an excuse. You're trolling, man!!

When you're a big star, and someone on youtube is like "kris2015 can't produce for shit", are you gonna go in on that person?? You think Jay-Z or Nas addresses individual average-joe haters like this? NO, they don't, coz it's part of being a musician. You win some fans, and lose others. You're gonna need thicker skin, my man... Just sayin.

wtf?!???? r u serious. who says that ? and where is madscientist? 10 years of skill he can cook up a beat right now and silence me. all i care about is hearing this madscientist 10 year craft of learning on futureproducer forums and making a name for himself. i want to hear. I'm listening.... i got my popcorn ready. madscientist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back