Should I sell exclusive rights?

JEBeats

I'm not sure if this is the right thread, but this is kind of important. I recently made a YouTube account for my beats and I uploaded about five songs. Ever since, I'd been getting emails from people wanting to buy exclusive rights. I'm new to this, so I don't understand what I should do. I don't really want to give somebody else rights to my beats. That would mean if the song ever got big, I wouldn't get any credit or royalties, right?

I've also heard that leasing beats isn't a very good idea either, so is there any other way I can get my music on somebody's album without having to sell them exclusively or leasing them? Is there any way I can still get royalties if the beat is turned into a hit song?

Thanks.

It's all up to made the right contract. Formulate your conditions, find a suitable pricing, that's it.

"Exclusive rights" means in a common sense that only one artist is allowed to use the beat. "Non-exclusive rights" or "leasing rights" offer you the option to sell the beat multiple times.

here's how exclusives / leases work..

lease unlimited sell at 20 a pop
exclusive is one time final sale but you should selll it for 200 - 250 at least

if you think you can sell the lease at lease 10 times .. don't sell the exclusive.. if you need the cash and thinnk you can make a better beat.. sell the exclusive

Definitely sell if you're in for that kind of game. It really depends wether or not you want your name on a beat or not.

Back