Should I just get FL Studio

MiguelTym

I don't want to make trap music, but it seems like thats the only way to get recognition for beats, and their the only ones anyone will buy...

Well for starters FL studio is not the only DAW that can make trap beats and it is by no means limited to making trap beats only, you can make any genre in any DAW.
Make what you want to make and what feels comfortable to you, this is how you make your own sound and pave your own lane.
If you think making trap beats will make you money, well go for it but dont limit yourself to that only.

I think you are misreading the marketplace - trap is not the only game in town nor is FL the only daw in town

what do you use now (you have assumed that we know or are interested enough to read your other posts to find)?

I don't want to make trap music, but it seems like thats the only way to get recognition for beats, and their the only ones anyone will buy...

what the kjnkjdfndnbd does that have to do with FL studio?I just finished a trap remix in Pro Tools yesterday.

Last edited:
Spend your hard earned money on software just so you can be unhappy and make something you don't want to!

Hail teh philosopheeey!

Let's face it, nobody cares what you do.. you gotta look out for number 1, and this way of thinking will get you nowhere. Do what you want!

Last edited:
You don't have to make what you don't want to, especially now :/
And that's definitely not the case either, you can make anything in a daw.

There's so many young lads making trap (that sounds the same as next-mans trap) right now that you're wholly better off making something else entirely.
If it ain't trap people will go "hold up... That's not trap..." and might actually play the whole track.

FL, Ableton, S1, PT, Logic_ whatever... Pick one and make some music that isn't trap.

Trap is shit

Like others have said, FL isn't the only DAW around and it's not just for trap music. Try free trials of DAWs or use free ones to see which you like the most personally.

Fl

FL-Studio is great software in my opinion. It gives you enough freedom to make whatever you like. I make trap myself, but I've made hardstyle and DnB with DL too it's quite expensive though

I think Fl Studio is a preddy dope DAW for every Music Genre in Common. Its Basic and there are so many Tutorials on Youtube, that in my opinion it is the perfect software to get into Producing. One more Thing: you should not choose the Genre you want to produce because of Money issues or whatever.
But Trap is such a dope Genre: Check out this Mix to get a feeling about what I love about this upcoming Genre:
https://soundcloud.com/rideable-beatz/alpha-festival-trap-mix-vol1

I prefer Fl studio, its easy to navigate and there's tons of tutorials on YouTube to help. but bare in mind ive only tried two fl studio and Cubase.

Back