Should I develop a soundcloud bot?

westside2

I am not just a music producer but also software developer. Especially I am expert at web bots which is working from your desktop.

If I develop an automatic soundcloud bot will you be interested in it?

I can develop 2 versions: 1 free and 1 pro version.

I am new to soundcloud so you can also give me suggestions about it's features (like following by keywords, following followers of any other user, unfollowing etc), the ultimate goal is to increase your followers on soundcloud.

Edit: You guys got me wrong, it is not a fake views or fake likes bot. It is a mass follow bot. You will just follow your targeted people (like music producers) automatically through my software and then these real people (you already followed) will follow you back too, so you will gain many followers by just a click. So some of them will listen to your tracks and it'll be easy for you to get new followers with an automatic software. This is a great way to promote your music.

But this is not an internet marketing forum so I need to write more details about this software...

Last edited:
web bots are useful little critters (we used to call them spiders at the start of the 90's - wrote a few myself back then), for scanning through websites to find and download/index stuff - that is how google and yahoo, et al, does their thing. Some sites let these bots go anywhere others limit the scope of a bots search by stopping them at the top level

the idea of a soundcloud bot is intriguing particularly given the features suggested/offered
- ultimately, though, it is similar to the 500 followers for $5 type deals
- it will boost you following others and vice versa but may not have any meaning as you have never listened to them
- i.e. yet another mechanism to fake it till you make it

You guys got me wrong, it is not a fake views or fake likes bot. It is a mass follow bot. You will just follow your targeted people (like music producers) automatically through my software and then these real people (you already followed) will follow you back too, so you will gain many followers by just a click. So some of them will listen to your tracks and it'll be easy for you to get new followers with an automatic software. This is a great way to promote your music.

But this is not an internet marketing forum so I need to write more details about this software...

You guys got me wrong, it is not a fake views or fake likes bot. It is a mass follow bot. You will just follow your targeted people (like music producers) automatically through my software and then these real people (you already followed) will follow you back too, so you will gain many followers by just a click. So some of them will listen to your tracks and it'll be easy for you to get new followers with an automatic software. This is a great way to promote your music.

Interesting, cant really see anything negative coming from it.

Last edited:

sorry, every word you wrote says fake follows (if you instantly follow 1000 people are you really going to have time in your busy day to listen to each and every one of them?) and possible listens not real follows and real listens

interested to read your detailed rationale

sorry, every word you wrote says fake follows (if you instantly follow 1000 people are you really going to have time in your busy day to listen to each and every one of them?) and possible listens not real follows and real listens

interested to read your detailed rationale

you won't (don't have to) listen to their (followed people by you) tracks. it is like a twitter marketing tool, when you follow real people on twitter some of them follow you back, so you get real followers.

as I said the ultimate goal is to: "increase your real followers on soundcloud" and then some of your real followers may listen to your tracks. if you have more followers, you have more chance to get your songs listened to people... (these real people will think that you are interested in them and followed, they won't know you have used an automatic bot to follow them)

The more of these scummy bots out there, the more i think when somebody follows me "its probably just a bot, i wont even click on them".

The more of these scummy bots out there, the more i think when somebody follows me "its probably just a bot, i wont even click on them".

everyone is different, and most people can not know that it's a bot.. and they'll probably follow you back.

because I got thousands of followers on twitter through this method, I'm talking from experience.

this says it all

you won't (don't have to) listen to their (followed people by you) tracks. it is like a twitter marketing tool, when you follow real people on twitter some of them follow you back, so you get real followers.

"FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT" writ large on every character in the above

Last edited:
Nothing would make me happier than to go on my soundcloud page and one day find 5000 people who don't even like or listen to my music but simply follow me because I followed them first. Wouldn't that stroke you're sense of pride reassuringly!!

First of all, you don’t need bots. You need to follow people to let them know of your profile. If you have good music, you release music on good labels and/or you release music regularily, you will get users following you back. The best practice is to choose an established artist/label/music channel that is in your niche, and this user’s followers are your target audience. You follow the followers of those established artists/labels/channels that fit your own style.
Of course doing this on a regular basis (daily) can be time consuming, so it is best if this daily task could be done by an app. I’ve found a small app that does exactly this. If you keep a low profile and do not follow too much users daily, you can get some very nice results, with organic followers and plays and all the other extra activity that comes from organic followers.
It’s called SoundCloud Helper and it really is not your classical bot, more of a helper as the word suggests. It works on macOS and sits nicely in my Apple menu bar. Very handy. Website is soundcloudhelper dot commercial (I can't post links so here is one like this).

Last edited:
Bots are part of the problem. One of the reasons 'scenes' within music genres are struggling.

i hope your bot gets shot.

Back