Should i buy other mastering/mixing plug ins now that i have Ozone 5 advanced?

Dafwill

Just got Ozone 5 advanced and it looks like it does just about everything as far as mixing/mastering. Just wanted some opinions of people particularly people who have Ozone on whether i should buy other mixing/mastering plug ins and which sections of ozone you didn't like and had to buy a plug in to replace it. I know it's not a yes or no answer just want some opinions.

buying externals will not make mixing or mastering sound better it's all a preference, same as vst plugins.with that said however i still prefer some external plugins to built in ones by a large margin simply because of the design they have.

Just got Ozone 5 advanced and it looks like it does just about everything as far as mixing/mastering. Just wanted some opinions of people particularly people who have Ozone on whether i should buy other mixing/mastering plug ins and which sections of ozone you didn't like and had to buy a plug in to replace it. I know it's not a yes or no answer just want some opinions.

I don't think it's about plugins, it's more about knowledge which you have. I think you will do the same with any other plugin if you know how to make something to sound like you want. There are many free plugins there, try them a little.

Oh come on. You just got a 1000 dollar plugin and i assume that you have little to no idea how to even use it. Since you invested so much money in it I highly suggest you learn to use what you have

Last edited:
Ozone can handle the entire task of mastering. You may rely on other plugs or outboard gear along with it for personal characteristics you prefer, but beyond preference you have all you need in that 1 plug. I didn't realize Ozone was $1,000. It used to be like $199 to $399? What have they added to make it that much?

Last edited:
Ozone can handle the entire task of mastering. You may rely on other plugs or outboard gear along with it for personal characteristics you prefer, but beyond preference you have all you need in that 1 plug. I didn't realize Ozone was $1,000. It used to be like $199 to $399? What have they added to make it that much?

The regular version is 249 usd, the advanced is 999. Which is why I'm usually a little suspicious when people who don't seem to know anything about it claim to have bought it.

Especially since a few weeks ago this guy didn't even have an audio interface and such.. I'm not buying it!

Last edited:
It's obviously a crack- fully evident as to say- if you knew what you had, you wouldn't even be asking this question...

Which is one of the main reasons I am against cracks. It's a waste of resources. Both your time and ours.
This will lead you to ask dumb questions and worse, chime in on things you know little to nothing about- all because you got a folder full of dlls.
It's probably too soon for you to have gotten so robust a package and by the time you are in a place where you could take advantage of all it offers, you'll probably be chasing some other piece of software because someone with an 'opinion' mentioned it.

The reason you want to be official is also about support in the forum of updates AND all the additional material available to their customers.
iZotope has tons of guides, notes, files, videos and more. Stuff you'll never know about by just lurking on the fringe.
It's also an attitude thing. Cracqers tend to give up quick and pop on forums talking about how everything sucks.

Always the loudest yells from those that know the least-est.
Whereas, if you bought it, you'd be thinking about getting your money's worth, no matter what.

You'd be thinking "I BETTER NOT HAVE TO BUY SOMETHING ELSE AFTER DROPPING THESE DOLLAS!"
Plus, you would have read reviews, gotten opinions from users, watched videos and who knows what else BEFORE buying it.

Some time in the future, what I'm saying will make sense. Until then, do what everyone else does and go crazy.
Eventually you'll see that it's more productive to have a few tools that you really know well than a whole bunch of unfamiliar options.
You'll blame Ozone for your crappy mixes and ask about different software(s) instead of understanding, it's you that needs to sharpen up.

That's why Fruity Loop users had to be begged to read their manuals.
They thought opening that PDF would alert image-line to their illegal activities. insert lol

Last edited:
Griffin and wallengard as harsh as the answers might sound thats the most helpful insight i've gotten on this forum yet. Yea torrenting all those expensive vsts gets allot of people spoiled,they take it for granted and get obsessed with downloading more than actually learning the software and creating music. I understand how im seen right now by experienced producers who purchased their software and i completely understand, i mean i would look down i myself too. I got what i need now i need to learn it instead of downloading more. Appreciate the insight always helpful. Now...torrenting some Ozone tutorials Ohhh riiiight

What you're asking is the equivalent of asking "now that I have bought a pair of shoes, do I need to buy more shoes?"

The short answer is no, a shoe is a shoe, it performs its functions.

Long answer is depends on your needs ie. winter boots? trainers for running?..

This is true for all plugins but lets use eqs for example. An eq is an eq no matter who wrote the code for it, sometimes different peoples version of an eq may perform better than others in your given situation, but that's not nearly as important as the man (or woman) sitting behind the eq making the tweaks.

Until you learn Ozone, what you like about it, what you don't like and what you can expect to gain from another plugin, you should focus on honing your skills with it.

Back to the shoe analogy, Usain Bolt would still out run you if he was wearing high heels.

Back