Sending Beats to Record Labels

HeatedBeatz

Whats up? I waz just wanting to know if anybody ever sends their material to major record labels? If so did you get in contact with someone in particular or do you just send to the a & r department. Also what kind of response do you get.

i think its probably best if u get in touch with someone first....usually the major record labels throw demo's in the bin because of legal issues theyve had in the past......

EMAG-A said:
i think its probably best if u get in touch with someone first....usually the major record labels throw demo's in the bin because of legal issues theyve had in the past......

What legal issues is that, explain.

And every other demo might not make it to their ears, but a good sum is still being heard, also depending on the look of the package that arrives. Don't repeat something you have heard somewhere and can not back up with insider info ;), cause there are plenty of dedicated A&R's out there who DO appreciate demo's and the talent that could be behind this demo.

plenty of A & R's with MAJOR labels listen to beat demos? do u know any? i doubt it....or do u mean indie labels? i think ur talking about indie labels....most MAJOR record labels dont listen to music sent in because in the past some have been sued for copyright infringements....because producers have sent demo's in and heard something similar a few months later and attempted to sue the label saying that that was a beat they made and the label copied it....and this is coming from an A&R from SONY BMG australia....im not sure if its the same everywhere else in the world but id say its an international rule for SONY BMG as a pose to an australian rule....fuk i wish they'd ban u p...do u even write music? or do u just hang out on this forum starting trouble? i wonder sometimes.......

I know 3 different A&R's working for major labels here in Germany and they do listen to the demos. Ban me? LOL What for, for speaking my experiences, wow, you get bent out of shape quickly, and to the remark with me writing music, I will just not answer that one, cause it shows your ignorance. Been on this forum long enough to know not to feed individuals like you ;)
Learn to accept other opinions, k? It'll help you in your future approaches.
Smh. (PS. the one hanging out to start trouble seems to be rather you, kiddo)

Conversation with you is done.

amen

dude chill ur taking a opinion to heart... maybe in her own personal expirence theywere thrown away but dude u really gotta chill and especially on how u talking to a lady forreeal

Precious P. said:
I know 3 different A&R's working for major labels here in Germany and they do listen to the demos. Ban me? LOL What for, for speaking my experiences, wow, you get bent out of shape quickly, and to the remark with me writing music, I will just not answer that one, cause it shows your ignorance. Been on this forum long enough to know not to feed individuals like you ;)
Learn to accept other opinions, k? It'll help you in your future approaches.
Smh. (PS. the one hanging out to start trouble seems to be rather you, kiddo)

Conversation with you is done.

amen

wow crazy how i was typing the same thing as u were haha

Last edited:
Relevent Muzik said:
dude chill ur taking a opinion to heart... maybe in her own personal expirence theywere thrown away but dude u really gotta chill and especially on how u talking to a lady forreeal

Exactly my point, thanks. :cheers:

Precious P. said:

Don't repeat something you have heard somewhere and can not back up with insider info ;),

im not meant to take that to heart? cmon man...but ur rite i shouldnt talk to an old lady like that....my bad....

Relevent Muzik said:

wow crazy how i was typing the same thing as u were haha

Saw that pic on your myspace where you "dream music", that one is crazy, lol, great idea for a pic!

EMAG-A said:
Precious P. said:

Don't repeat something you have heard somewhere and can not back up with insider info ;),

im not meant to take that to heart? cmon man...but ur rite i shouldnt talk to an old lady like that....my bad....

if ur trying to make a joke about "old lady" ur not funny forreal. but the bottle down and show ppl some respect the same why you want it.. this board is for everyone and if u cant accept it then go to www.ineedhelp.com

Relevent Muzik said:
if ur trying to make a joke about "old lady" ur not funny forreal. but the bottle down and show ppl some respect the same why you want it.. this board is for everyone and if u cant accept it then go to www.ineedhelp.com

LMAO

Isn't that the institution linked to www.nomorehope.com? ;)

*hurries to make it to the senior bingo championship*

Last edited:
To come back to the original posting, I say, give it a shot, you got nothing to lose. If you want to give them a call, so when your demo-package comes in, they will remember the name (if you are lucky), so the less days you wait after your call, the better.

Reponse to the original posting.....

You can give it a try, however, maybe if you contact who your sending it in to and ask if it is ok to send them some of your work, you might get a better outcome. From what was posted earlier, I was reading a book and they were saying that most major labels don't listen to unsolicited cd's because of the llegal issues with copyright. It does'nt hurt to try though. I know I will.

if you dont have a contact there and you dont ask permission first dont waste your time. alot of them are taking email submissions now also. you'd be better off trying to find managers and A&R's on myspace and getting contacts that way then sending it in without soliciting first.

certain labels dont accept unsolicited material for legal reasons as was stated earlier which started that whole argument that took over your post lol

Man...lol this is the longest thread I've ever started, but all joking aside I wasn't asking anyone to personally give me a contact or anything because I actually have a couple, but I don't really plan on going that route and submitting my material until I become more consistent with my productions. I'm mostly just targeting local cats around my area and whoever on here that needs a beat until I get to where I wanna be. I appereciate everyone who responded to the thread thanks for the advice.
Peace

The best approach is to find out what labels you think may have interest in your particular style of music. call the labels straight up and ask for the their A&R department. These numbers can me found in various trade magazines and also on the net. You just gotta do your homework. Then ask that particular person what are the guidelines for submitting beats. Every label is different. Then send it to that particular label in c/o the particular person you spoke with. Most labels nowadays don't accept unsolicited material, but there are some that do. And most important of all you need to make follow up calls to whom you spoke with. Now I'm not talking out my ass this is coming from real experience. Honestly When I first did this. I got alot of turn downs and I got discouraged. But on some real talk I listened to the constructive crticism went back and worked on what they told me what was wrong with my music. Not to be a hater but most of the music I hear on here the sound quality is not that great. And that in itself will get your music straight to the recycle bin. No matter how hot the beat is. Basically if your musics sound quality isn't up to par with a commercial release, don't waste your time cause your not ready yet or if you've got the money go get it eq'd and mastered. Truth be told "Laffy Taffy" may be one of the worst and simplest beats of all time but the sound quality is on point. This is what matters just as much as the content of your beat. So people keep it real with yourself if your not ready yet don't screw you opp. up cause in this business they are hard to come by. Keep practicing and make sure your s**t is tight from production to mix to master then make your moves... i'm out 1!!!!

www.myspace.com/saveyahdrama

saveyah said:
The best approach is to find out what labels you think may have interest in your particular style of music. call the labels straight up and ask for the their A&R department. These numbers can me found in various trade magazines and also on the net. You just gotta do your homework. Then ask that particular person what are the guidelines for submitting beats. Every label is different. Then send it to that particular label in c/o the particular person you spoke with. Most labels nowadays don't accept unsolicited material, but there are some that do. And most important of all you need to make follow up calls to whom you spoke with. Now I'm not talking out my ass this is coming from real experience. Honestly When I first did this. I got alot of turn downs and I got discouraged. But on some real talk I listened to the constructive crticism went back and worked on what they told me what was wrong with my music. Not to be a hater but most of the music I hear on here the sound quality is not that great. And that in itself will get your music straight to the recycle bin. No matter how hot the beat is. Basically if your musics sound quality isn't up to par with a commercial release, don't waste your time cause your not ready yet or if you've got the money go get it eq'd and mastered. Truth be told "Laffy Taffy" may be one of the worst and simplest beats of all time but the sound quality is on point. This is what matters just as much as the content of your beat. So people keep it real with yourself if your not ready yet don't screw you opp. up cause in this business they are hard to come by. Keep practicing and make sure your s**t is tight from production to mix to master then make your moves... i'm out 1!!!!

www.myspace.com/saveyahdrama

^^^^^ And this is what I like to call givin G.A.M.E.!! PROPS for this post mayne!!:hello:

Back