Sampling question... alas

ok so i find the samples tempo. say its 65

i drop the sample in FL 5 BUT i want the joint to be at 85bpm ?

so now i use time stretch to make the sample fit that bpm ?

Just wondering if i am going about it the right way or if i am just fukkin up

And if i change the bpm and it asks me if i wanna restretch all tracks ? why should i select either yes or no ? just wonderin.

This is fun.

Unless you have a very good plugin that can do the job, when you time stretch you will distort the sound of the sample. It's better to just chop it up in order to make it fit.

kuillotine said:
Unless you have a very good plugin that can do the job, when you time stretch you will distort the sound of the sample. It's better to just chop it up in order to make it fit.

this is gonna make the task sufficiently more difficult.

if i re chop then i will be missin out on some key sounds i want to include in the existing 1 bar chop.

I must focus all my energies and make this happen :)

Chopping it may work, but I don't find it worth the trouble. Plus, when you put your drums, hats, and bassline over the sample a lot of the distortions will be muffled and it will sound nice.... unless you're slowing down a sample a TON. That's when the big problems really start.
Good luck.

when you click yes to adjust the entire project, it time-stretches it, meaning the pitch and everything is straight, I've never had a problem with doing this

Xabiton said:
personally Id "Kanye" the sample.

Meaning speed it up ?

i watched the video u did for choppin in acid. it was great. U gonna make me switch to acid from cool edit

can the exact sam ething be done in Cool edit 2.0 ? can it detect bpm, beatmatch then allow u to stetch and preserve the correct tempo ?

^yep speed it up. but that video wasnt me that was my boy liquid. Hes from NY crazy sampler and uses nothing but Acid and an EPS16. Well he rarely uses the EPS he has Acid mainly. His **** is crazy tho.

o and no cool edit cant really do all that the same way tho im sure its possible its more work then Ive wanted to figure out myself.

you can do that in Cool Edit but easier to do it in Fruity, I chop the sample to where I want it and then I try to do the more creative things inside of Fruity so I can test it out with drums or a certain sound while I'm still in that mode, I use Cool Edit in a more technical matter, like if I'm doing a loop, I'll cut it up and it 'play looped' so I can hear it right, then I started bobbin my head and I save it immediately, leave Cool open, and throw the sample into Fruity

Back