S.A.E Glasgow False Dawn

U

Urban777

Firstly again I ll say what a great site
all Producers a linked up like this. If I only knew of this before spending around £5000 on the School of Audio Engineering Glasgow (what a let down) :bat:
I know there is prob lots of people who have went 2 SAE and had a great time I can only tell u of my Term
Firsly I had SAE in mind 4 years and finally decided 2 go for it after been shown round looked at all that gear, and just thought yes this is 4 me :p
Boy was I wrong, 2 start with, I took it 4 granted that the peeps there would have vast Industry experience u know worked on albums Radio Broadcast Engineered Around world etc,etc
as u can read Knowledge but u can only Learn so much from books notes etc
Again I must have been so stupid the guy who ran the show Tommy I think his name was as 4 18 months the guy was 2 far up his own arse to say hi:mad: and get this all he had ever did in HIS CAREER In the Indusry was a Fu*@in Radio Jingle (no joke)come on
He was a good book keeper Shafted u 4 the cash SENT IT 2 mr Big in KANGARU LAND he thought yea school in that little place Scotland is doing well thing I get knew car:mad: The other Lec s were just guys who had done the course Did well with marks etc so yea why not u have a wee shot at teaching these Idiots, I had one Lec who was top Lori Skilling just 4 the fact It came across she had experience in what she had done previously and was a realy nice person but she Left because the Radio jingle man Had no pepole skills and could nt tell she was the best there
I am not a guy just out 2 Spit on the name of S.A.E. without good Reason I respect people who are Real and as Passionate as I about what I do, at S.A.E
Glasgow this was not the case:bat:
Through the whole term things got worse I became iLL due to the fact I worried 2 much about failing a course I had spent so much money on and could not afford 2 fail and had the Passion the intrest I had at the start Mentally Knocked the F*@K OUT OF ME life was bad wanting something so much It was all 2 much, I got back 2 class but wasn t the same at end I was only 2 percent from getting my Diploma
2 say I don t feel Guted would be lies I have studied for 4 years on Producing Engineering etc at various collages and S.A.E was the final one I wanted 2 do before going into the Industry as best Prepared as possible not just bulls@*t my way through
I am still just as Passionate now as I was Just a lot more aware and Angry that an Industry that is so Creative and exciting 2 be a part of can have So many SNOBS AND Elitism
2 ALL THE OTHER Music COURSE OUT THERE BEING AS REAL TO PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE
THANKS

Hey man... sorry to hear about your .... time. I've been lucky with SAE, even though they did dissapoint me in many ways. I had some friends who went to glasgow and although they know there sit technology wise they will never do anything in the industry as technology is all they know and all SAE really teaches. The dream of SAE is having the time in a creative environment with creative people and its a great dream, I just dont think they have it quite there yet. I will say though I know some of the top guys in its management and a few of them are working on it.

p.s I'm not one of them :)

Good luck dude.

I have recently completed the audio engineer diploma at SAE Glasgow. I have to say that I was very pleased with the course and enjoyed my time there. I found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The manager-Tommy has just got me a job in the music industry and I cannot thank SAE enough for their help in getting my career off to a good start.:)

It would be fair to say that SAE provided me with all the top equipment with plenty of time to practice the art of sound engineering.
The classroom lectures were very informative and provided the opportunity for the students to get involved in discussions.

At the end of the day I got more than what I paid for and would not hesitate to recommend SAE to anyone serious about a career in the field.
It was made clear to us at the start of the course that if we did nothing then we would get nothing.:)

Oh dear
what a sad little loser you come across as, you quite obviously failed to get your diploma, through lack of effort i suspect, as more people attending SAE pass than fail , but the one common eliment that binds the guys with diplomas is the personal effort that was put in to achieving the result.
you come across as a bitter sad little man , one of the guys who appeared and dissapeared within 18 months without making any impact whatsoever. you quite obviously are not the kind of person who would make any kind of impact within this inbdustry.
I attended SAE Glasgow , and I suspect around the same time as you , as Lori Skilling was lecturing when i was there, a nice enough lady , on the surface, but prone to talking a good game. personally it was a breathe of fresh air when she left, that`s when i started to learn.
It was made perfectly clear to me and the rest of my class mates that a maximum personal effort was required to get anywhere on the course, you come across as an I have paid a lot of money, i should automatically get a diploma, knd of guy, life is not like that dude, i think you should take a step back and have a long hard look at yourself instead of blaming everybody else for your obvious lack of effort.
grow up and take some personal responsibility. :cry:

Hi there... I am currently enrolled in an Audio Engineering program down in Miami, Fl and my boyfriend is looking into SAE. I was just googling some info and saw this thread. So, if you dont mind me asking- what kind of job opportunities would you say that are open to someone after graduation. Ive read their site... but Id like to hear it from an inside perspective. I know there are a few other schools that offer similar programs and boast great job placement, but when it comes down to it... youre really stuck with a lot of debt (unless you have the money to pay off the bat) and no good prospects. Any info you all have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eva :monkey:

Back