RRF - Credible?

Elliottproducer

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I'm an 19 year old ambitious, aspiring music producer. I'm currently pursuing a business marketing degree at a local university. My question is how beneficial would something like the Recording Institute be for someone like me? I also want to keep in mind my area, which is to say the least, I'd be very surprised to find a Recording Studio to meet RRF's standards near me. This worries me that I may have to move further away.

Does anybody know someone whom has attended? Or any nice studios in Ohio? Regardless of RRF or not, I will continue to make music and learn.

Not sure wat RRF is...
But i would only go if you really believe it will help you...
From my understanding engineer school is far from cheap...
Couple questions
-do u want to be a mix engineer
-do u want to be a tech (stage studio)
-own your own studio
-be part of tour crew

I would research in see the benefits of going to school n compare to learning things yourself....

Ive talked a lot about this in other threads and its usually pretty long so I'm not typing it again, but if you look for school related topics on the first few pages of THIS section you will find my opinion.

Last edited:
get at least an associate degree in marketing(this will help you so much,and hopefully provide you with a 9 to 5 career to fund your music career till it takes off)
because cars,apt.,and food cost money

while doing this get a practice,practice,practice,and practice some more

get a website together and start using that marketing skills to use as you learn them in class

but don't limit yourself to just marketing your own instrumentals

start affiliate marketing and general internet marketing

when you finish that associate degree in Marketing
go and get a certified in audio engineering

this is my opinion

Last edited:
Back