Roland's Boss SP-202 Dr. Sample

T

Timbo 85

I just picked this up from a pawn shop for $50, and it came with no manual, power supply, or anything, does anybody know where I can get a manual, is there like a users group or something for Roland products?

u can check the roland website for a .pdf file and if u have any specific questions u can ask me cause that was my first peice of equipment.

the Roland website only has info on the SP-303 (as far as I can see so far), but I did a search for it and got some articles, I did have a question about the 8 sample pads, when you assign samples to them, are you able to play out your patterns like you would on a drum machine or a sampling drum machine?

No sequencing with the 202 as far as I know.
You need to sequence with something else.
You might try with your computer.
I heard good things about it's lo-fi abilities.
The 202 if for nothing else might be a good thing to sample drums into,and then transfer to your computer.
For what you got it for I would definantly hold onto it.

well I'm definitely keeping it, I'm actually gonna learn the ins and outs and then pass it to my cousin cause he can't really use his computer to do beats so I'm trying to get some hardware solutions for him, and I did think that it would end up being a drum sampler, cause he can just throw on some records or cassettes and chop away, it would help if you could do some sequencing, but its not absolutely necessary, its good for learning about sample editing

u will need something to sequence onto, but u can sample a drum loop on one pad(loop it) and add chops with the other pads for a basic beat. But u will still need something to record it on. Then after u record ur basic beat, u can resample it on another pad and then add more and more chops, loops etc.. until u got a beat

Back