RnB Instruments ?

Just wondering(sorry if its been asked before)

Besides the Whurlitzer and Rhodes, what other instruments are used in RnB for backgrounds/synths ?

And what Vst would give me what Whurlitzer sound ? i have sampletank so i have the Rhodes but no Whurlitzer(sp)

Chuch

La Records said:
Just wondering(sorry if its been asked before)

Besides the Whurlitzer and Rhodes, what other instruments are used in RnB for backgrounds/synths ?

And what Vst would give me what Whurlitzer sound ? i have sampletank so i have the Rhodes but no Whurlitzer(sp)

Chuch

Strings, Organs, Pizz's, anything can be used as a background instruments

check ur Pm plz

Thank man. I will look into those 2. Anythin else u recommend ? I aint ever heard of reactor but i know about it. no ones ever reallly said anythin about it.

What sample tank do you have? cause even sampltank L has some Wurlitzer samples in there.

Depends on the rnb your going for, the new skool rnb ( pop music ) has everything synths guitars bass keys anything really.
Trad rnb you will find more guitar horns keys ( piano organ rhodes ) drums bass mainly with some extra winds and strings.

Try find a nice B3 organ sample, if you find a good one there great for some rnb stuff, a good trick with organs in rnb is to double the bass line with the lower keys.

NI's B4 is an excellent hammond emulation; even the Express versions can be enough if you're not that much into tweaking.

Reaktor is more of a sound design tool/lab - it comes with a lot of pre-built plugins as well, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you're willing to spend a good deal of time learning to build your own stuff. It's very good but time-consuming.

That's a good attitude. Seems like most "producers" just want everything right now, preferably pre-made and free, and still expect the highest quality.

Reaktor is certainly worth it, but it's quite simply going to be overwhelming and confusing at first. Actually it just got a lot more complicated with the release of v5, when they introduced the Core Technology elements in it. Too bad they don't have a demo of it yet.

Nice.. iwll put in some work and make some joints..

Thank god uni is done for the semester after my exam today so i can make beats for some months non stop.

Back