Remixes

TerrydeParis

Hello! I wanted to ask about how do producers usually make remixes. Actually, for example, if i want an acapella version of a song, where is a legit place to download it for free and use it in my tracks that i can also post to websites( soundcloud). I mean, i have always wondered how people make those really good remixes that i listen to on soundcloud and youtube. Sometimes they are also called edits or bootlegs.:)

Thanks

The official remixes are done in collaboration with the artists/record companies - so if you're asked to do a remix, you'd naturally get access to the stems (individual tracks/track groups). Then there are a lot of remix competitions, that let a lot of people do the same thing (get the separate tracks to work on, that is). And of course, lots of accapellas are floating 'round the web in a grey legal area - I mean, I doubt any of those are actually legal, but I also suspect a lot of artists don't care and simply let them be to see if anyone comes up with something cool.

The demise of soundcloud is happening just because of people thinking that "legit" acapellas and remixes are a fine thing to do.

As krushing said, remix competitions are your best option here. Some even let you upload your remix to your soundcloud after the judging part. give this website a look: www.remixcomps.com

Back