Recording vocals with xbox mic?

bendorr

Would I be able to record vocals using something like a turtle beach headset hooked up to my DAW? I need a mic but I'm KINDA broke. Any help is appreciated!

Save up. Buy the best you can afford, you will always want an upgrade. I recommend the behringer c-1, $50 is a good start. Learn to use a DAW and mix your vocals and that will last you months, resell it and move up to something big when you can afford it.

Invest in yourself.

Does your turtle beaches have one connector for the headphone jack and a separate one for the microphone? If not, I don't think it works.

Try it. I started recording vocals with a shoebox, a T-shirt, a 4 year old $25 Logitech webcam with a built-in mic, tape, and scissors. That one day of experimenting is the reason I got into recording, and now producing.

I would suggest using it... for now. We all (producers, artists, engineers, etc.) started somewhere, using things that might not be the best but if it works for what you want to do right now than use it. Save up to buy something better while learning and growing your skills with what you have now.

-Ro

Would I be able to record vocals using something like a turtle beach headset hooked up to my DAW? I need a mic but I'm KINDA broke. Any help is appreciated!
In theory yes. Just make sure its a usb head set and check your preferences to make sure it shows up as an audio input or audio interface.

Back