Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Recording Vocals in FL Studio

Echolocation is offline Registered User

Recording Vocals in FL Studio

Sign in to disable this ad
    I was wondering how I record vocals in FL Studio I can't seem to figure out to do it I know how to get the vocoder working so I can hear my vocals and everything, but the actual recording part of it I don't get and tryed reading it in the turtorials couldn't seem to find right info on it. I understand how to record midi patterns/samples, but vocals are a bit of a mystery to me still.

kid848 is offline Registered User
    I believe you open the mixer window...and at hte bottom of it there's a "in"... set that to your soundcard and arm the channel to record...

My question... is why would you want to record in FL. I know you can, but it's not really good for recording vocals
    Need Beats?

www.Myspace.com/honesty215

http://www.soundclick.com/honesty
    Exclusive and Non-Exclusive available.
    Pure Heat...

rutiger45 is offline Registered User
    Yeah True^^ it may be easier to track your beat into like acid or protools or something then record your audio, but sorry i really dont know how to record vocals in Fruity.
    J. Dilla Was Only 32.
    myspace.com/beatcrusher

I want to do it mostly for it's vocoder which I think would be easier to get the sound I want if I was recording right inside FL rather than importing a prerecorded wav file.

sleepy is offline Moderator
    Press f1 within FL

Go to index

Go to:

Recording mixer audio

I figured out how to get it to work it's a pain in the neck, but it works. The sad part is I think I'll probably just go back to doing the vocals with audacity then importing them into FL Studio and tweaking them that way instead all though there might be a few times where I'll record vocals inside FL so I'm glad I found out how just the same.

mdcc is offline Insane FP Patriot
    For those who need to see it visual.

http://69.50.201.40/download.php?id=17 (How to record audio (your voice in this case) in the mixer)

Enjoy!!
    Location and Post Sound for TV, Film, Commercials, etc...

[url]www.ccproductions803.com[/url]
    [url]www.facebook.com/ccproductions803[/url]

DJfx The fox is offline Registered User
    I got FL XXL 7 and know the general things for recording vocals ... this is my problem (I hope it hasnt been asked in another fourm, I did the google fourm search) The sound quality is pretty clear considering I dont have a non "stock" soundcard on my laptop (its new this year), but what Im having trouble with is actually recording Im away from my larger studio setup living in a different country with limited resources, where Im getting stuck is I want to hear the beat to spit with but at the same time It plays normal while the vocals come through with a delay it throws me off, Im no one take jake, I need to cancle the sound of the incoming vocals. Once I can get the basics set mabey Ill start experimenting with some more advanced sound engineering. Thanks for any help. Peace -
    www.soundclick.com/djfxthefox/

Xposure is offline Universal Soldier
    I record Vocals into FL using Edison just route all the in's and out's of your soundcard to whatever your using to record then after you have the signal within Fl, add Edison to your master track and record

Recording vocals in Fl is just plain to hard and it has some setbacks I say just get Cubase or another DAW that was actually made to record.
    [CENTER] [LEFT][LIST][*][I][SIZE=2][URL="http://www.soundclick.com/VybeBeatz"]VybeBeatz.com[/URL]
    [/SIZE][/I][/LIST][LIST][*][URL="http://www.myspace.com/secondtononebeats"][I][SIZE=2]myspace.com/secondtononebeats[/SIZE][/I][/URL][/LIST][/LEFT]

[/CENTER]

DJfx The fox is offline Registered User
    On my desktop in the states I have more flexiblity I have been using edison, mabey Im using the wrong ins in outs this is whats happening, I can record the vocals accapella then apply them to the beat, but its almost certain to be off, doing this I still hear what Im saying in the headphones w/ delay, I can hear my voice without it coming through my headphones right, so what I imagine would clear the process up is if I could turn off the vocal out and just have it input, while the beat comes out, and ideal comes out without input into the recorded section at the same time.
    www.soundclick.com/djfxthefox/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information