Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are loads of good books out there. Try checking out the Sound on Sound Issues...

Does anyone have experience with dancemusicproduction's DVD's ?

I have the Dance Music Manual but i'm not sure if i'll learn anything new if i purchase their DVD's.

Dance Music Manual by Rick Snoman

It's target audience is dance musicians but it's great for anyone who's new to the producing scene. It does a great job explaining many areas of your daw, let it be compressing, sound gate, reverb, things like that. It also does a good job describing each type of sound wave individually, things you should and shouldn't do during basic recording/producing and will give any novice producer a better understanding of their daw and how to produce. I highly recommend it.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

I found 'Dance Music Manual' on Amazon, not sure if it's the same book you're looking for but here's a link to it:

Dance Music Manual: Tools, Toys, and Techniques: Rick Snoman: 9780240521077: Amazon.com: Books

As per hitz suggestion Im making a list of recommended books.

Books concerning overall success in life:

"Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill
-A MUST MUST ABSOLUTELY MUST read book about pretty much how to use the most valuable asset you will ever have - your head.

Any other books by him are great as well.

Music Theory

"Theory of Harmony", "Counterpoint" and "Fundamentals of Composition" by Arnold Schoenberg - a contemporary composer, the first 2 books will give you a wealth of knowledge that can pretty soon teach how to compose entire symphonies.

"6 Steps to Songwriting Success" - Jason Blume, a good read with some real gems.

And add some other stuff dudes, I aint doin all the reading.

Napolean hill is the best mentor who ever lived , that i think every serious mankind who want success should read his book to accumulate riches.

nice post and keep up reading

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone give me a personal recommendation on a good, comprehensive theory book? Possibly a mixing one too.

except that for the most part any such links would be to illegal copies of the texts, so not going to happen.......(and those who did put them in would find the links quickly deleted and themselves probably banned as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back