Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great suggestions here... but "Think and grow rich"? Really?

I tried to read it twice... oh well, many people tend to find it useful, maybe I'll try a third time.

I read Music Theory for Computer Musicians and recommend it for the simple fact it is well written and easily absorbed. It is written specifically for electronic music producers and covers pretty much everything you need to know to have a clear understanding of music theory.

For the Dutch speaking people on here; I recommend the book "Het grote opnameboek by Coen Raad". Bit hard to find online, but you'll find it eventually.

1 - Laws of Success by Napoleon Hill
2 - Psycho Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
3 - Mastery by Robert Greene
4 - King, Magician, Warrior, Lover by Robert Moore
5 - Empire State of Mind by Zack O'Malley
6 - Cold Hard Truth by Kevin O'Leary
7 - The Master Key System by Charles E. Haanel
8 - The Tanning of America by Steve Stoute

Any Hip Hop producers get Gotta Get Signed:How to become a hip hop producer by Sahpreem King, very easy to read and short to the point for people just starting out. [h=3][/h]

I understand this post is on Books, but there's a program that a lot of my friends (popular local producers) have been using in my city. The amount you pay on books you can learn everything on music production that institutes have to offer. Many and most of us are hands on learners and despise reading. This program lets you follow along and listen, while you are doing hands on assignments. It very extensive and teaches all aspects of production. I just started recently and I'm having a lot of fun, and I notice my skills are improving as a producer. It cost about the price you pay for books, and has the learning curve of an institution. They offer a bunch of free software to understand the basics and evolve into a pro. It's helped a lot of my friends, so seeing there status now made me purchase the program. Here's the link my friend forwarded me. I hope this is helpful to those inspiring producers.

12 Hours of Music Production Tutorial Videos to Save You Time & Money!OD Total Music Production – The Best Music Production Tutorial Videos | A Full 12 Hour Course of Music Production Tutorial Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back