Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staggerlee said:
As per hitz suggestion Im making a list of recommended books.

Books concerning overall success in life:

"Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill
-A MUST MUST ABSOLUTELY MUST read book about pretty much how to use the most valuable asset you will ever have - your head.

Any other books by him are great as well.

Music Theory

"Theory of Harmony", "Counterpoint" and "Fundamentals of Composition" by Arnold Schoenberg - a contemporary composer, the first 2 books will give you a wealth of knowledge that can pretty soon teach how to compose entire symphonies.

"6 Steps to Songwriting Success" - Jason Blume, a good read with some real gems.

And add some other stuff dudes, I aint doin all the reading.

Im on the second last chapter and would reccomend anyone who wants to make money in real estate,business(including music business)and the stock exchange to read it...It will really give you the correct mindset to becoming rich in your chosen feild...

Recommended Books & Website

I think I might have a couple:

For music promotion on the internet: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]How to Promote Your Music Successfully on the Internet & "[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The Indie Bible"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Matter of fact, you may want to check out the Music Biz Academy for some good articles for independent artists of all styles. Google it. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]:victory: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

[/FONT]

I would reccomend the Life and Def book by russell simmons as well... Very African American orientated... but that is where hip hop started... Overall a lot of info into the history of hip hop and def jam

For you peoples that believe in GOD!!! I think a dope book is, "A PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE"

GEt IT READ IT, it will change ya life..

EMAG-A said:
which god?
The way he framed it suggested monotheism, so that would make it Christians, Muslims and Jews that are recommended the book. These religions worship the same god (I think...) since they are kind of related. (Abraham.)
He said 'God', not 'a god', so if you believe in a single higher power, it would probably mean you, too.

KlickBeats said:
"Think and grow rich" is truly a great book, I have it in german and it really astonishes me everytime I open it !

That book changed my life...Have you followed the 13 steps in the book? Had any success following its principles?

Well I still am at the 3rd chapter but I what I like is that he wants you yourself to reveal the secret and keep it within you !

I'm glad i decided 2 be bored 2day. Imma make sure i check out some of these.

A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking
The Universe In A Nutshell - Stephen Hawking
Ulysses - James Joyce
The God Delusion - Richard Dawkins
Religion and Science - Bertrand Russell
The ABC of Relativity - Bertrand Russell
On The Origin Of Species - Charles Darwin
Power Of Art - Simon Schama
Target Earth - Duncan Steel

Oh, and any good books of historic quotations.

Beattips manual by Sa'id
The Remixer's Bible: Build Better Beats
Making Beats: The Art of Sample-Based Hip-Hop
Gotta Get Signed: How to Become a Hip-Hop Producer

Last edited:
I would recommend :

- "Guerilla music marketing ", by Bob Bakr : a great book full of insights on how to develop your music career.

- "Guerilla home recording", by Karl Coryat : a book about recording techniques in the home studio.

this thread is flippin amaing man i have it bookmarked and am currently readion idiotys guide 2 music theory cuz of it thnx every1

God Is Not Great - Christopher Hitchins
Anything by Terry Pratchett
Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams (RIP)
A Requiem For Homo Sapiens - David Zindell
Welsh's Synthesiser Cookbook - Fred Welsh
Mind Over Matter - Storm Thorgesen
101 Things You Didn't Know About Science - James Trefil

A short story of nearly everything

by Bill Bryson

-mano

PS: I have no idea how/why this thread has turned into an "anything book" ... it's about MUSIC PRODUCTION! :)

Just Bumpin "The Art Of Mixing: A Visual Guide"
A must read for those wanting to get deeper into production and mixing in specific... Only had it for 2 days and got in the lab yesterday and produced a track and it definetly helped alot, especially with tha vocals! You may find that alreaady subconciously know some of these things but just the fact that it is pointed out you become conciously aware and then can actively apply it to your mixing... Once again definate must read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back