Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys should check out "Behind the Glass" by Howard Massey. Pretty much all interviews with different music producers. Good stuff.

-Kev

Assistant Engineers Handbook. Not so much techy stuff but more protocol in the studio. good read.

I know a lot of people said it, but Think and Grow Rich may change your outlook on your ability to succeed as it did with me

i would get the "W" the wu manual, and behind the beat its an inside look at some of the games best producers like Detroit's own J-Dilla(may he rest in peace), Madlib and D.J. Premier. these 2 books are an absolute must have for any producer or beatmaker trying to get in the game

JayWes said:
Man, the greatest book ive ever read is the bible!!! JESUS WROTE IT, make sure you go get one now!!!

ALSO,"MAKE IT HAPPEN"!!!

The KEVIN LYLES BOOK!!! GO COP THAT!

GREAT BOOK

You DO KNOW that Jesus didn't write the Bible, right?

I recommed "This Business of Music" THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO THE MUSIC INDUSTRY NEW 9TH EDITION. BY M.WILLIAM KRASILOVSKY AND SIDNEY SHEMEL.

Anybody know a good book on just mixing?? I got a Boss BR-900, i dont really know how to use the thing except for recording, i can get the lyrics and all that down on a song, but all i do after that is make sure the vocals arent too loud, THATS IT (see wut i mean?). funny thing is, its not mine, and i can use it better than my boy that owns it, lol. Anyways, can anyone help me out, mixing??

anybody read or hear anything about Music Theory for the computer musician? i just ordered it off amazon. It basically teaches you music theory using a midi keyboard and reason...just what im trying to do so it seemed right.

ill let you know what i think of it aftr reading it though.

lilwheezy75 said:
anybody read or hear anything about Music Theory for the computer musician? i just ordered it off amazon. It basically teaches you music theory using a midi keyboard and reason...just what im trying to do so it seemed right.

ill let you know what i think of it aftr reading it though.

Sounds goOd im a Reason user myself so it could be handy to me as im still not up to scratch on the keyboard, be sure to let me know how it is?

definitely. i originaly bought it at barnes and nobles for 40, found it on amazon for 23... Ordered it off there so i should get it thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back