Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find that some good info on various forums is always the best but these books are stellar

Books in my view are a waste of time. It should be done by a musical ear which I did it may take longer but at least your learnt it yourself and not off some book.

Great thread and even though there is no way I will ever have the time to read through all of them thank you all that posted a book recommendation. :)

Napoleon Hill is one of my all time favorite authors. Currently I am up to Mastering Audio: the art and science

I'm not going to read all 44 pages but in case anyone hasn't mentioned the following I would like to recommend...

Dynamic Thought by Henry Thomas Hamblin - Along the same lines as Napoleon Hill but more spiritual and more powerful in my opinion.

Clockers by Richard Price - Fiction but amazing. The film is average but don't let that put you off, the book is a real experience.

Funny, when you first join this site and you see books that you already have, you don't feel half as stupid haha, thanks for the info on books.

Someone has probably already mentioned it, but Mike Senior's Mixing Secrets for the Small Studio is hands down the best book I've read on mixing. It's a very well written guide to mixing and covers all the important stuff. Must read IMO.

Lots of good tips about books to consider in this thread, cheers.

Lately I've been reading Music Theory for the Computer Musician and Harmony for the Computer Musician. These have helped me immensly since I'm just starting out. I'm also intending to read the Dance Music Manual in a few weeks or so, as well as some general sound design books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back