Recommended Books

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it! 4 bucks used and $4.30 new. Thanks man, I appreciate the info.

By the way if anyone wants to compare book prices online addall.com usually has most books and it searches plenty of bookstores like amazon, half.com, alibiris, and overstock and gives a list from the cheapest to the most expensive including shipping. I've been using it for my textbooks for years.

Ableton Live 8 and Suite 8: Create, Produce, Perform

My dad gave me Ableton Live 8 and Suite 8: Create, Produce, Perform a few days ago. It comes off very basic if you are already familiar with Live, however you could establish some useful best practices and techniques with it. I will definitely pass it on or recommend it to someone new to Live.

I highly recommend any Music Theory Books and maybe All You Need To Know About The Music Business

"This is Your Brain on Music.... The science of a human Obsession" by Daniel J. Levitin

Delves into the neurological aspect of music, the way it affects the mind, the need to create and consume music, "safe" and "dangerous" music deconstructed in an entertaining, intelligent, but useful way.

The chapters cover: What is Music? From pitch to timbre; Discerning rhythm, loudness, and harmony; Music and the mind machine; Expectation... What we expect from Liszt and Ludacris, How we categorize music, Music, emotion, and the reptilian brain; What makes a musician? Expertise dissected; Why do we like the music we like?; The music instict.

Consider this book to be about entertaining music theory with persistent references to neurology. It is very easy to pick up and casually read without it feeling like one is doing homework.

Thte science of getting rich is a good starter book. You dont need to read a million books to figure this simple point. All of them say money is not gonna just appear to you. You have to take action. Set a goal for yourself and then take steps to making it happen. Thats what the law of attraction is all about as well. Peace

If you are a strugling music producer than my new post is something that will change your life for ever. My new post talks about selling beats online and in person. It contains information and a link to an amazing website with free techniques on how to be a better music producer so go and check it out.

Thanks,

I would recommend "All You Need To Know About The Music Business" by Donald Passman and "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. Good books about the legal side of the music biz and also a good book to teach you about money

The dance music manual... Execellent book teaches you everything from wat a compressor filter and eqs do n are to wat are da basics of dance music it has music theory tells you bout how to copywrite your name how to promote how to clear samples its a great book everytime i read it i learn some new

As per hitz suggestion Im making a list of recommended books.

Books concerning overall success in life:

"Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill
-A MUST MUST ABSOLUTELY MUST read book about pretty much how to use the most valuable asset you will ever have - your head.

YEEEEEAAAAAA EVERYBODY NEEDS TO COP DAT

This thread kicks me back old school days.. Pops to my thoughts the first book I ever read on mixing and all dat biznez: MAKE SOME NOISE by Chuck Fresh. I was a young gun when I first tripped on the book and flipped through, and youll know CHUCK rocks the party that rocks the party

Thank all you guys so much, I've read about 8 books that were recommended here, and learned so much.

Feels good to grow :)
Now I'm addicted to knowledge..lol

---------- Post added 07-17-2010 at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was 07-14-2010 at 10:22 PM ----------

For those that wanna know.. some of the books that I read:

• The Essential Secrets to Songwriting (Gives great info and advice how to structure your songs etc.)
  • Music Theory for the Computer Musician (ALOT of helpful info on music theory - easy to read, and it's aimed towards 'computer musicians)
  • Composition for the Computer Musician (Same as above but for composition, def. helped me out alot.)
  • The Dance Music Manual (very long and detailed, def. worth the read)
  • Effortless Mastery; Liberating the musician within (helps to get the creative flow going)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back