Reason, FL studio, pluggins versions, ect need lots of advice.

feral_fox

Hi, my name is Paul and I've joined this forum due to frustration and lots of questions I have about these products I'm thinking about buying. That's reason and FL studio.

Now I used to use my friends FL studio 12, I bought myself a brand new computer and decided I would buy this product for my new computer.

I thought about buying reason but heard FL studio is cheaper. But this really confused me. I've pretty much found the exact opposite to be true.

Now I've gone to the FL studio website and to buy FL studio, the full version with all plugins is something in the range of 677 euros.

Also add into this the fact I've heard there are other essential plugins you will want in order to make dubstep/drum n bass. (This is my goal)

These cost more than 100 euros each, there's about 3 of them, massive, sylenth and another one, not sure of the name.

This puts the cost of FL studio up to a potential cost of 900 euros.

Reason on its own looks like it costs 400. This seems like a much more reasonable price and kind of the price range I was looking at paying.

I've considered buying an earlier version of fl studio like fl 11 but I've heard it's so much different to fl 12.

I suppose the bottom line is, does anyone have any advice on how to buy these products the honest way and for it to not cost over £700 (870 dollars) or around that area.

FL Studio is very intuitive. I wouldn't trade it for another DAW no matter what. That's all I can say about it. I wouldn't pay for it tho. That's just me. I liked FLS 11 more than 12 when I first try it, but I always stick to the latest shit and end up getting used to the new one.

The Fl 12 Producer Edition is what most people use i think, it is $199. Reason 9 looks like it is $399. I don't think you will miss the extra stock plugins that comes with the deluxe $800 version of FL (not many people use the stock plugins anyway really) and you will want 3rd party plugins for either one you get.

Yep, the Producer or the Signature bundle will include most of the "classic" FL plugins and functionally they're identical to the "all plugins" package. It's of course up to you to assess the importance of the plugins you'll be getting/missing, but as DTB said, you probably won't miss them. I don't think Massive & Sylenth are "essential" either - yes, they're really popular. No, they're definitely not "needed" to do DnB or dubstep. Sylenth especially is not in any way special - it's a good bread & butter VA-type synth, but it doesn't have any redeeming features; it became popular back when there weren't that many good-sounding basic synths.

Most daws I own were bundled with stuff except studio one/fl fruity edition/reason 8 [limited came with korg years back and found a cheap 5 disc]
Daws are console priced so that's up to you.

FL Studio is just getting better and better, every update ever year it includes everything basically. A lot of mainstream people are finding it very convenient as well.

Back