The real and final truth about headphones speakers and audio gear....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are woefully out-of-depth in regards to the analog world. BTW, your "proof" microphone is the Shure SM 7. But you are still wrong, because you don't know what you're talking about.

GJ

compressors can sound a bit different depending on how fast they make the responce time or how much compression they apply. But in the end a compressor has a ratio and theshold etc. These controls are a modlled in software. Do you think they go out and work out the maths all over again? A compressor only works one way it reduces the volume when the signal exceeds the threshold.

It worked the same way using electronics. Besides which people who bang on about vintage gear. Do they only listen to vinyl? I doubt it, they probably spend all there time listening to mp3 on ear buds or thru phone speaker. Their vintage amps and tubes are as much turned into numbers as my reason subtractor synth is. I use to have the old gear, a allen an heath desk and eps16. And the problem was I was Johny come lately to the party. Had I had that gear when it was peak technology it would have been fantastic fun. But time had already moved on and it was all pc. The only hard part to DSP codes is the person who figures out the science. The rest is just the difference between ametuer looking UI photoshop files, and beautiful well made photoshop files.

The funniest one is those shitty indie bands who can't play to save their lives and they have all the vintage gear and then record it all into pro tools anyway and cut it all up, Yea real authentic!

And who has sang without autotune in the last 20 years? Its all smoke and mirrors, when you guys get to see behind the curtain and interact with some industry people you will see as well, its all make believe.

Right you said my music was as good as every one else? Thats ok, I posted up my beat and people thought it was the first thing I had ever made. I had radio play on hot 97 and power 100 tho! and a load of placements.

Thats what I mean tho, people don't even know their butt hole from a golf ball hole in the ground, and then they are worried about minuscule details of subtle sweeting tools?

bobchops there are artists who sing/have sung w/o Auto-Tune, Look into any veteran R&B act, (ir)relevance within today's scene be damned.

Yea but the music everyone will hear! Ie the young and famous acts and bands all use auto tune. Look people want to see beautiful young woman half naked on stage. Or maybe women want to watch hot yung man with good body.

In life you get loads of middle aged men like me who are good at 50 different things. Its no big deal I had a lot more time to practice, tho nowadays its made cool to be ignorant and a moron so most people don't bother.

But people don't want to see me on stage even if I have better music.

Its the way the world works. The same for those veteran RNB acts. They probably sell 3 tickets and 2 of them will be to their mom and their aunt.

quote-forgotten-were-the-elementary-rules-of-logic-that-extraordinary-claims-require-extraordina.jpg

Edit: bobchops after looking through your other posts I'm actually a little worried. I deal with depression and anxiety so when i say this, i don't say it lightly but you may want to go see a therapist or doctor because you have signs of being depressive manic right now from what i can tell. Take care.

Last edited:
View attachment 45718

Edit: bobchops after looking through your other posts I'm actually a little worried. I deal with depression and anxiety so when i say this, i don't say it lightly but you may want to go see a therapist or doctor because you have signs of being depressive manic right now from what i can tell. Take care.
so your doing an online diagnosis? lol. Thats what I mean about forums you get people who are just like social justice warrior beta males. They are all trapped in audio purgatory of being whack, because they can never brake away from the herd and do their own thing. Why do you think some people get good at stuff and others don't? because the people that don't do the wrong thing. Why do they do that? because they worry more about how other people see them then the truth. Its a modern feminine trait sadly present in most men.

Alright I only mentioned it because it's better to be safe than sorry with something that can be so serious. If you feel balanced then there's no problem and i was wrong, feel free to research manic depressive episodes if you like. Have a good day.

Alright I only mentioned it because it's better to be safe than sorry with something that can be so serious. If you feel balanced then there's no problem and i was wrong, feel free to research manic depressive episodes if you like. Have a good day.
! So you work with mentally ill people and you think the way to diagnose someone is to ask them if they feel mentally ill over the Internet?

! So you work with mentally ill people and you think the way to diagnose someone is to ask them if they feel mentally ill over the Internet?

I didn't diagnose, i saw symptoms/erratic behaviour and out of concern encouraged you seek a professional to see if there is a diagnosis. I don't think it's wise to spam up a thread with this discussion so if you'd like to PM me feel welcome but i won't respond to provocations or hostility so keep that in mind.

I didn't diagnose, i saw symptoms/erratic behaviour and out of concern encouraged you seek a professional to see if there is a diagnosis. I don't think it's wise to spam up a thread with this discussion so if you'd like to PM me feel welcome but i won't respond to provocations or hostility so keep that in mind.

Thanks for advice, I am putting on my coat and hat right now and going to check into asylum! Can you write me an email with your diagnosis on it and sign it? just so i can print it up and take it with me.... They might not believe me otherwise if i tell them that I was having debate about how DSP codes work, and i was telling people with no knowledge of programming how programming works and they got angry and said I was wrong and called me mad as well?

Last edited:
Bobchops-- I think I asked you before... What are you doing here???

You are obviously so beyond this. You laugh at Ollie's concern for you as on-line diagnosis, yet you can see through every participant and mod here, and you know all of their history and their experiences based on your assessments of, what, a screen name? An avatar? Go ahead, Hot 97.2, do your thing. No one here is stopping you from being king of the world. Carry on, my man. You're all that and 20 bags of chips. You know more than anyone you could possibly ever meet or concieve of, and you're better at everything too. And you're so good, you've figured-out that all of the ineffable sonic qualities known to man are really just equivalent to binary code; the veritable Mystery of the Ages, but none of us peons are smart enough to catch on, so even if we already have a fully hybrid analog and digital studio at our disposal, in a few weeks we're all going to buy a laptop and load it with your program, because it will have a great looking vintage interface, and nobody can tell the difference anyway...

So really, with all of that going for you, and a lackluster never-will-be group like this one that wouldn't be able to keep up with you musically, creatively, intellectually, socially, or emotionally, if we had a remedial program to help us along, and a couple of decades to complete it... WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE???!?!!?

Certainly not promoting your upcoming computer application. We wouldn't understand it anyway.

GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back