Rapper in need of beat!

J Taylor

Hey guys I know this a producer fourm but maybe someone can help me.

I am really in need of an instrumental that has a similar feel to these 3 A$AP Rocky beats.

Didnt realize i cant post links until I have 5 posts... so youtube search these songs!

Asap Rocky-

"M's"

"Electric Body"

"LPFJ2"

Something with hard bass and a slowish tempo to spit fast flows to. All of these beats have that extemely hard, dark, grungy feel to them and not a whole lot of layers to distract from the hard feel.

I believe i'm the real deal and have ALOT of potential to be something big, others would agree. Even got a chance to rap for Big Sean and we exchanged contact info (if that gives me a little credibility).

Here is a remix to "Blessings" I did a year ago so you have a slight idea of what I sound like. I can go a lot harder than this now a days but I havent released any material because I simply cannot find dope beats i want to use.

Youtube search "J Taylor Blessings Remix"

Did a Tale Of Two Citites remix last month as well

Youtube search "J Taylor Black Friday"

it will be the first video.

Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time to do this!

Last edited:
You've got a handful of options available to you.

The legit options maintain your credibility (meaning producers will want to work with you)
1) Find a producer that thinks you're dope enough to do joint releases with... This will involve a trust that goes both way and in many ways is the best option.
2) Use beat stores to find beats you like and buy the lease. There's hundreds of beat stores, thousands of producers and 100's of 1000's of available beats to lease/buy.
3) Pay for studio time somewhere with in-house production. This can have both major pros and cons.
4) Make your own beats, buy a mic and record your own bars.

Personally I think man'll get the best experience through a combination of options 4, 1 & 3 (in that order..

Your other options are less legit, involve theft, part of option 1 and will garner you no respect within the scene.

Last edited:
You've got a handful of options available to you.

The legit options maintain your credibility (meaning producers will want to work with you)
1) Find a producer that thinks you're dope enough to do joint releases with... This will involve a trust that goes both way and in many ways is the best option.
2) Use beat stores to find beats you like and buy the lease. There's hundreds of beat stores, thousands of producers and 100's of 1000's of available beats to lease/buy.
3) Pay for studio time somewhere with in-house production. This can have both major pros and cons.
4) Make your own beats, buy a mic and record your own bars.

Personally I think man'll get the best experience through a combination of options 4, 1 & 3 (in that order..

Your other options are less legit, involve theft, part of option 1 and will garner you no respect within the scene.

I appriciate the reply. I used to make beats before I started rapping but my skills deminished a little when i started focusing on my rapping craft so i would much rather outsource.

Do you know of any good beat sites? I used one a while back (forgot the name) But most the beats wouldnt allow me to use them for live preformace. I'm not planning on selling any of the music either. All for free mixed tape purposes.

Back